Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: IGORIVs SKETCHBOOK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok, I am preparing for my next work... I want to do a character, but I want to do him in a pose and maybe with background if I like it... So here are some studies I am doing...
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1693688&d=1358936613][Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1693796&d=1358950146][Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1693686&d=1358935962]
Here are some poses I am trying out... can you please give me crits and advice? I don't want to do all the rendering and then find out the pose and proportions are off...[/b]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1693819&d=1358953179][Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1694321&d=1358985315][Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1694322&d=1358985317]
Here is todays study... Did a armor study for my next work... and to switch it up a bit from the body and figure studies...
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1694610&d=1359017515]
Here is a another study I did for the piece I'm planing to do... The point of this study was to see how secondary light reacts with blue skin, because I am planing for my character to have blue skin and in the final illustration I plan to have some kind of fire as a secondary light source... and pls give feed back on poses I did which one do you like the best... also give crits... Thank you :)
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1695623&d=1359119820]
Ok guys, here is the character designs I have come up for the new illustration im working on... this is polished enough so it shows the ideas but its not rendered... I would even say I overdid it for this stage.... I really beg you guys to give me feedback on this one... plz help make the choices so i can make the strongest design... Lately I'm a bit sad because people are not giving any feedback and I kind of understand it, but plz help with this one... give comments on which parts of the armor you like ect... and yea, the face and weapon is not included in here. I will do that separately.... The more comments you give me the more help it will be....
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1696348&d=1359211347]
here is another study of a stone statue to get the stone rendering...
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1696763&d=1359258175]
Here is another study I did of fire and smoke in a Jar... I looked at a couple of references fore fire and smoke... The stone jar I did from memory based on the previous study... And just to say again, it would really help if you guys would give me some feedback on the character costume designs I did... Y u no respond? :)
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1696998&d=1359292291]
I'm not the strongest in design but maybe I can help. You forgot to talk about the character itself so I'm not 100% sure what it is, I'm assuming Mayan god? All I did was take great elements from all the designs and unify them in one design and repeat afew shapes here. A lot of your designs are good, just not quite "together". I notice a lot of suddenly new shapes or themes that aren't repeated or tied into other designs aspects, so try and keep that in mind in the future!

Also, don't worry about lack of comments. It's normal to take a bit to get the ball rolling, Just keep trudging along and updating!
Thank you for the reply man... Thx for the advice and the encouragement... Yea the character is a mayan deity and its cool it communicates that.... yea I did the design kind of like part by part so i get allot of elements to show... But when people help me chose than I will put it all together and make the designs blend better... Thx again...
This is the line drawing for the illustration I have been working on and doing studies for... plz crit the composition and the figure, anatomy... there is no armor yet... still waiting on feedback for the design...
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1697220&d=1359312075]
Hey man you got some good stuff in here! Those character designs with the golden armor is proof your getting better! The last one be careful about balance because it looks as if he is about to fall over. Dont forget about counter weight and try and find a reference of someone running about to hit someone with a hammer or even an axe would work just as well. Other than that keep up the work man!
I really like your level of concentration, but dont be afraid to try something more loose in terms of treatment! Keep it up!
Cj_marsh: Thx man... Yea, you are right about the angle of the character... I positioned him a bit more vertically, but still left him tilted because of his weight and to make the illustration more dynamic... Also, I think this way he fits in the composition better... here is the new one
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1697833&stc=1&d=1359352384]

iCi: Yea, I tried to force the loose look but It just doesn't work for me... But anyway, I need to work on my looser treatment, regardless if its my style or not, because it will at least save time... HVALA!
Hey Igor,

I think you fixed the center of gravity issue with the figure quite well. In terms of the figure I would say watch the perspective of the hammer in relation to the figure. The (hammer) head is fine, but the handle is too flat on.

The comp is nice but I see some issues with contradicting perspectives between the background and foreground, The angle of the ground plane and the mid and foreground statues makes it appear that we are looking at the scene from some height above them but then if you look at the horizon line and the pyramid, the eye level of the viewer is actually fairly low. Also the figure is pretty much directly parallel to our eye level with no adjustment for either perspective. I think you need to pick what elements you want to keep and draw in a quick grid based on that and redraw everything else that is out of line with it. I'd suggest redrawing the environment to match the figure as the figure is probably more effort to tweak :)
Hope that helps
monkeybread: Thx for the advice... I will redraw the environment to fix the perspective but still the statues are below the horizon line and the pyramid is above it... also the statues are not in the same angle so they wont be following the same WPs... anyway i Think i can do a better job with it... I fixed the hammer and done some rendering of the character for now... thx again... Here is the Wip after 18 hours of painting... lol my hand hurts :)
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1699350&d=1359496010]
(01-30-2013, 08:51 AM)IgorIv Wrote: [ -> ]monkeybread: Thx for the advice... I will redraw the environment to fix the perspective but still the statues are below the horizon line and the pyramid is above it... also the statues are not in the same angle so they wont be following the same WPs...

You are right...except you don't have consistent vp's even within your statues, and they don't hit your horizon line at all. Maybe this will make it clearer?
The lines are colour coded to the elements. I'd say the blue is probably ok, the rest need to be fixed...the figure feels a little bit too flat on to us considering the persp of the blue...it's not horribly wrong, but I would fix it if this was my painting :)
[attachment=12997]

Hope that helps.
Here is a sci fi weapon sheet i did for a challenge a while back but didn't post it cause of contest....
[Image: 484737_513156548725069_1000920848_n.jpg]

monkeybread: yea, you are totally right... I am working to fix it... wow man, really appreciate the time you took to help me.... I am really grateful!!! I will post the fixed one some time later today...
Nice weapon set! I like the variations :D <3
Sorry I didn't have internet yesterday, so I didn't post sooner...

Done some more rendering of the character and redrawn the environment to fix the perspective... Didn't do the detail on the closest statue yet...

Chritsu: Thank you very much!

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1701235&d=1359650750]

Royugang

Very nice character and weapon designs. Two thumbs up!
Royugang: Thank you! :)
Pages: 1 2 3