Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: castle needs some paintover
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
okay guys, this is my first fantasy digital art painting.. i havent done any complete digital art paintings yet (i mostly did mixed media or i copied a photograph)
and i am very aware of the fact that this piece needs some paintover even though i see it as finished one, i know there is lots of things that need to get fixed. i sadly dont know how to turn my weak points into good ones, thats why im asking for your help :)
in the middle of the process i have had gotten a paintover by toxicpanda who helped me a lot with my huge coloring issues but im still asking for more critique on this one
thanks already

[Image: schloss3z.jpg]
Your colors are beautiful! The first thing I would work on are edges, learning were to use hard and soft edges will raise the quality of your pieces dramatically. You can use edges to bring focus and help tell your story. The second is contrast. Contrast will also help you focus the viewers attention.

Hope this helps.
(03-01-2013, 03:02 PM)Elmst Wrote: [ -> ]Your colors are beautiful! The first thing I would work on are edges, learning were to use hard and soft edges will raise the quality of your pieces dramatically. You can use edges to bring focus and help tell your story. The second is contrast. Contrast will also help you focus the viewers attention.

Hope this helps.

thank you! ill keep that in mind when watching livestreams :)