Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Critiques on my tiger piece
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

lucas ps

Hello everyone. This is the piece I was working for Newsha and Fernanda contest.
I wasn't able to finish it, and the contest is over. Anyway, I'm gonna keep working on this piece and try to make a good portfolio piece.

I'd like to have some critiques on what you think I could improve on this

[Image: d90618e2077b5774b32a442e921d2b39-d5wkjq6.jpg]
(03-02-2013, 05:56 AM)lucas ps Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone. This is the piece I was working for Newsha and Fernanda contest.
I wasn't able to finish it, and the contest is over. Anyway, I'm gonna keep working on this piece and try to make a good portfolio piece.

I'd like to have some critiques on what you think I could improve on this

[Image: d90618e2077b5774b32a442e921d2b39-d5wkjq6.jpg]

ill be honest, im not a pro in this.. ill tell you my opinion only :)
i like the mood, it fits well with the colors and the motion
the only thing id give a serious critique to is the position of the front tigers paw/arm
there is something wrong about the anatomy in it- what do you think?
I'd say you had better comps in the thumbnails, the right tiger could be more dynamic, it's pretty vertical right now. Anyway that's great work, I wanna see more

lucas ps

Thank you very much guys!

I have to rethink the anatomy of the arm and how I rendered it... I think the arm looks shorter.
Now that you said I realized that I lost the dynamic of the pose. I'll change some stuff and I`ll update here

lucas ps

this is the first changes I'm doing on the first tiger's anatomy, I'm gonna do more hands studies, but I guess I'll stop a little bit for the sake of Bloodsports.

[Image: tigerzodiacversao2.jpg]

JabyReART

Hi, you have a great piece, but its very static, so my choice will be narrow the image to catch the movement of the first warrior and change the pose of the other tigerman, you work with the color and the carachters are awesome, below my quick paintover with my thoughts. Keep the good work!

lucas ps

Thank you a lot! very good and interesting shift on the composition, it is, indeed, much more dynamic!

The pose you changed on the secondary tiger though, I wouldn't go that far, cause the pose came from studies of a specific style of kung fu, Hun Ga, that focus on the Tiger side of it.

I'll get back to this piece as soon as the Bloodsports ends and I'll make these changes!

Again, thanks a lot! I'm very glad you did this paintover!!

manlybrian

JabyReART did a good paintover. Right tiger's elbow barely overlapping left tiger in the original was a bit of a tangent, and the weight of the composition was a little awkward. I love the concept of this piece though! I look forward to seeing the finished product.