Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Jmob's sketchbook.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Changing from the CA sketchbooks thread to the crimson daggers sketchbook thread. Hey guys! Glad to be a member here...been a member here since about a year ago and now starting a sketchbook here. :) looking forward to meeting all the beautiful people here and posting my work and seeing progress from me and everyone else!
hey guys, here's a piece that I think is finished. really wanted to play with stylization focusing more on like what a plane of light study would be. I will be doing 2 more painting like this in the same environment with a different perspective in mind (from a tall building looking out and from the town square).
Hey man nice work i really like that bottom environment. The top piece is interesting as well but a bit to chaotic for my liking i think it has to do with the bright colors, ~ cheers.
Hey thanks man. yeah the top one was suppose to show turmoil so i made the composition much more dynamic and busy, whereas i'm showing the bottom one as a peaceful scene. It's all about the story. :)

McKelvey

I think the colors in that first piece are eye candy and I'm loving it. My eye gets a little caught up on his harness though, since that's the only place you used black and creates a lot of contrast as a focal point. Great job, post more please!

FreshFool

Hey man i finally found your sketchbook on here haha i wanna see some updates :D
Welcome Jmob, like your paintings the look really colorful
thanks.
Here's a comic I worked on for the league of legends comic contest! Go vote for my piece now if you haven't voted yet. :) http://comic-contest.leagueoflegends.com...29F1E0F3CD

FreshFool

hahaha nice comic man ill vote for ya keep it up, i wanna see some more studies up in here
Here's part 1 of a study of one of Michelangelo's drawings. I'm focusing on how things relate rhythmically and structurally using narrow to wide configurations and the inner curve. *not using sight/size method or any other graphic method of drawing. To make things more interesting or to push myself more I've made the drawing 3 times the size as the referenced drawing. [attachment=18398]

FreshFool

duuude that arm is killer nice job cant wait to see this finished
thanks man! WHERE'S YOUR SKETCHBOOK?!?! HMMMMMM? haha... jkjk, i'll be sure to throw you some comments and suggestions and praise your way on the CA forums soon.
Here's an experimental piece.... wanted to play with mixed media and more graphic and abstract art. This piece is about Spring.
1 hour life drawing... if that. haven't posted anything in the sketchbook lately, but here's something now. enjoy.
some life drawing with pen. only levels used on the image to correct the lighting of the shot. planning to post a lot more experimentation with pens with life drawing. I find it is a good way to practice intention and/or deliberately making a stroke and then using it to base the design off of. I feel it makes me work more from imagination and also gets me away from the idea of "copying" something.
hour and a half study of ryan wurmser's design skillzzz/drawing.
bird. graphite & charcoal. 2 hrs. purpose was to understand how to use graphite and charcoal in a structural manner (as opposed to a more graphic approach--filling in shapes/bargue and sight size.)[attachment=20899]
graphite and charcoal. 1 hour. Practicing structural drawing and technique. [attachment=21018]
Jmob,
Great life drawings! lovely anatomy and values. I'm going to keep an eye on your work, so keep it up.
(04-19-2013, 02:40 PM)Zachary McLean Wrote: [ -> ]Jmob,
Great life drawings! lovely anatomy and values. I'm going to keep an eye on your work, so keep it up.

Thanks man, no need to subscribe if you don't want to. i have enough motivation as it is to get where I want to. :) <3

25 min portrait, life drawing.[attachment=21137]
Pages: 1 2