Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The recent stuff looks fantastic man, that girl in the fire especially. Love the palette. Keep it up :)
Thanks EXL And Jake!

First time painting on a photo 0_0 And terrible it is. Was fun though, may do some more in the future
[Image: T1Xsxsw.jpg]
I think it's cool, if You'd put a little extra air perspective on the colossus, it could possibly work better :)
Kaffer - Thanks for the input! I was thinking the same thing, but wasn't sure if I would overdo it. It's surprising how big a difference a tiny adjustment makes when you're paintin on a photo.

Memory practice and some thumbs. Saw Pacific Rim today and all of you must see it on the biggest screen you can find. Was awesome

[Image: UBOS7fF.jpg]
[Image: IPkoPC1.jpg];
[Image: pgM6wp9.jpg]
Cool stuff! I've heard the matte painting approach is a pretty and quick way to get comfortable with learning fundamentals. Gonna have to try it out for myself.
Ha, nice portraits, love the face of that particular man and that photo painting really isn't half bad for a first. You've also some real interesting comps I can tell the rim has inspired you, definitely.

I've been doing some quick warm-ups like you've been doing (great idea btw, I never really warm up) it's been helping a lot, I like the idea of having the option to go back to a sketch and finish it up if it's promising. :D

Good stuff.
Frenik - Yeah you should try it! It's pretty different but kinda fun

Archreux - Thanks man. Doing those sketches are just good practice, glad it's been helping you too :)

Some sketches
[Image: 5gEmqMi.jpg]
[Image: tZfpjYC.jpg]
[Image: P3wDZGv.jpg]
These sketches are really cool, good work!
Thanks Blu!

The legend of treeboobs

[Image: 5BBdtnk.jpg]
i love coming back to this sketchbook man :) . everything is just pleasing to look at
Thanks Ben :)

First time doing lens flare, I don't think I did it right

[Image: 4HDQqyB.jpg]
Might detail this one out later...and another matte thing using my friend's photo. Spot the jaegar!

[Image: zfhpTzD.jpg]
[Image: vEE2o08.jpg]
[Image: kpxzx6G.jpg]
[Image: bX8Kh6B.jpg]
[Image: XyRT40D.jpg]
boop de boop
[Image: 5ZbDE4q.jpg]
[Image: 8XoMO2d.jpg]
[Image: 2I75B4k.jpg]
Is that a huge artichoke in the forest?
I should really work on daily sketches more. Your work is a huge inspiration for me. Nice way of creating mood in your paintings.
These thumbnails are looking great man! The loose approach is nice. Loving the Pacific Rim view through the car windows haha!
Toxicpanda - Yup :) Or possibly concept art for the new scifi epic: Children of the Cabbage Patch. Thanks for the compliment!

lungcell - Thanks mannnn

[Image: AKigKWO.jpg]
[Image: mLrVWSp.jpg]
Awesome work! I really love your environments.