Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Those character designs look pretty cool. Keep'em comming mate. I digg your work and wait for some more polished stuff. Cheers!
As always, thanks for comin by man :)

[Image: 5A8OXZL.jpg]
Dude, you are absolutely crushing it with these characters. I'm with Ramalooke as well, looking forward to seeing you push something to a final. Gonna be awesome!! :).
Dang pnate these characters are sweet. I third what Rama and Jake said, It'd be awesome to see them taken to a finish.
Thanks guys! Workin on stuff right now that I'm going to push for realz. Will post when finisheddd

[Image: LENz7Yi.jpg]

BTW, I've been reading this book for the past couple weeks

http://www.amazon.com/The-Art-Spirit-Rob...art+spirit

It's sort of like a Confucius-type bible of how to have the mindset of an artist, but in a practical way. He goes over stuff like doing studies, the importance of following your own interests, how to see your subject, developing your visual memory, etc. Thought I would share cause I feel like I got a lot out of it.
Also looking forward to some polished pieces! You've had such a steady flow of quality going on man. I wouldn't even call it quickies anymore!
That book sounds really interesting, ordering it now! :D
Thanks Bjulvar! And yes, that book is awesome. I ordered it when I saw that Jaime Jones mentioned it briefly on his blog. Can't go wrong with something Jaime Jones uses :)

[Image: WoIGBew.jpg]
Looking great man, those colors are looking stronger and stronger and the textures coming through are awesome.
thank you Vandall!

[Image: AsgIc2i.jpg]
Man your portraits...so beautiful...coming here always inspires me!
Thanks tonari! :)

[Image: MmovDJj.jpg]
Good work, Pnate, and I'll have to check out that book that you suggested.
Thanks man! :) Definitely if you have the time

[Image: PHstHKP.jpg]
[Image: VtEL9Cu.jpg]
Dude, those portraits. So damn good. Love the lighting. Oh, and I ordered that book, looking forward to it. You should definitely be getting a kick back from amazon for that ;)
Thanks Jake! Sadly I didn't put in a sponsored Amazon link haha maybe next time :) Hope you get somethin out of reading it!

[Image: 3d1VGqe.jpg]
Holyomjesus
Everything... everything is just sooooooo good man!! All I can say is : artgasm :o

Keep up the great work!
Wooo! thanks smrrfette

goblin orgy
[Image: gRQCzA4.jpg]
[Image: Uh0HqB9.jpg]
I'll have someone write me a program which sends you "cool stuff" on your board in my name on a daily basis from now on..
thanks mannnn kind of you to say!

[Image: UFDhDAe.jpg]