Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
creature of the void
[Image: pZWvj37.jpg]
fox and the hound
[Image: Z5DlCq9.jpg]

[Image: mGJwwT3.jpg]
[Image: xTr4sdU.jpg]
Your sketches are too good man. Inspiring stuff. More more more :)
Jakes right, these speed paints are so cool. Pretty awesome seeing how you tackle lighting, shapes and narrative in these. Love that lighting in the mutant mermaid one <3
Thanks Jake and Warburton! Havin tons of fun on the speedies.

Sandstorm
[Image: WJaNWAr.jpg]
Astronaut wizard
[Image: 9ZbofE0.jpg]
Also joined the facebook study group "Breaking Art" (Link) where we have weekly topics to do studies on and then apply the study from memory right away. Come join!
[Image: TFDUOXS.jpg]
Vegetable golem and post for the Breaking Art facebook group
[Image: XM6D1Ew.jpg]
[Image: C4IZHAu.jpg]
homeless man and his friend
[Image: AFS6ZD2.jpg]
guitar hero
[Image: R0qY3Ie.jpg]
character design practice using random generator:
[Image: 3fOxXcb.jpg]
Dem Spitpaints rewl as always, the memory-exercise also looks to be quite helpful.. I'll possibly try it sometime.. Cool stuff.
Well I just saw your whole sketchbook and wow! You were already pretty good at the beginning but you've been getting better and better and better! It's awesome to see!
Lovely work, keep it up! :D
The last character design looks sweet, man, Keep it up :D
Those ref and memory studies are great!
The ref and memory exercise is an awesome idea! Must try it out. Love the guitar hero guy. Wonder, at which difficulty level he plays. :)
It's been a while since I've seen your sketchbook and there's so much output lately, it's really great stuff. :D

This is kinda freaky seeing your Breaking Art stuff here, I was just looking at it a second ago on the FB page, haha. These studies of yours are so nice. So, do you have any new big projects in the works, sir? :p
Thanks Kaffer! Come join the group! :)

gravity-zero - Thanks for the kind words! Got much farther to goooo

Egbu - thanks man

Eraiasu - thank you! Come join the group on facebook yooo

kerm- thanks! haha I'm pulling from a randomized list I came up with, it's been pretty fun coming up with characters this way

Archreux - Thanks man! What's your real life name so I can befriend you on facebook :) Nothing specific planned as of yet...

LINK for the character traits I'm randomly picking from. Using an online die roller to get my numbers, it's lotsa fun :)

Dark Portal
[Image: knJm6oE.jpg]
2nd character
[Image: hJ0TYVn.jpg]
wild boar
[Image: phmxl1o.jpg]
atlas
[Image: 3uNM5mI.jpg]
[Image: ponUKEH.jpg]
market day
[Image: nO5So8s.jpg]
living chess
[Image: NL7Vu8i.jpg]
done for the breaking art facebook group
[Image: LLol9Hj.jpg]
The study of a cliff went really well. I think that's a probably the most effective way to learn painting. You do your study, this way you learn how colors and light works on different surfaces. You get the design and you don't have to learn anything by heart. Then you execute the best possible way what you learned. Omitting the detalis, focusing on most important things. The memory ones are the roughest but that's good. With minimum effort they read as the photo. Light is ok, form is ok, colors are ok. That's just awesome. How much time you put in completing such exercise from start to end?
The last memory exercise is really good. It forces you to think and deconstruct what you just painted. I gave it a go yesterday. Was challenging, but lots of fun!

Love the spit paints you made! Have you considered taking a few of them to more of a finish? I would love to see the wild boar one more worked at. That sketch just sort of pulled me in. :)
Pretty damn awesome, from start to finish.

About the only thing I would suggest to toss in there is some Master Studies every once in awhile :)

Either way, keep at it.
Thanks Kerm! You should join the Breaking Art group on facebook and do a few :) I think the study took me about an 1 1/2 hours as I took my time with it, and the application took about 30 minutes because after a while my mind ran out of things I remembered from the photo.

Eraiasu - Thanks! I may take a few to finish, but probably not the boar one. I didn't like that one as much haha

matkaminski- Thank you! And I agree, I should do more of those

ash giant
[Image: nLppksv.jpg]
roadtrip
[Image: 7YPlvsR.jpg]
bionic eyes
[Image: M4d26rV.jpg]
melting door -spitpaint that i added some more time to, maybe going back to it later
[Image: pZXNBIF.jpg]

[Image: wpUxJxL.jpg]