Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
soul plague
[Image: MGgiKkh.jpg]
wrist communicator
[Image: st5eE0y.jpg]
[Image: vhTgS3m.jpg]
I can't keep up with your updates xD You post so often ;3 It's good though. At least I have more good art to look at. I digg the last character. Solid design and nice colors. Awesome stuff!
thanks man! Trying to post daily, even if the sketches are poop :)

[Image: t7emE3E.jpg]
I enjoy the way that last charcter is coming together! I can start to feel a personality to him. Are you going to work on it some more?

I noticed a couple posts back you talked about the difficulties you face when detailing. My suggestion would be to do a study and set yourself an amount of time to do it in, but pick something 4-5x longer than you've ever spent! 25-30 hrs? It may feel like torture at times, but it is such a good way to critically improve one's sight! Meditation is also excellent for dissolving impatience! On the other hand, everyone has a different way of working so yay for all ways! :D
Thanks man! Nah, he's more of a throwaway practice character haha
Appreciate the suggestion man. I may need to do some more of those long studies for sure

Merry Christmas alllll
[Image: ncr583t.jpg]
[Image: 91SQhjn.jpg]
[Image: noK5xt1.jpg]
Really great character designs, loving the stroke economy as well!
Thanks man!

blue lipstick
[Image: HkCkosS.jpg]
Love those rough armor block-ins from last week... your brushwork is just so beautiful <3
Aaaah so good man!

best concept for blue lipstick <3
Thanks Lyraina and Ursula! <3

design practice
[Image: 03YVues.jpg]
Offering to the Sea
[Image: NnD7Hdo.jpg]
hand studies. Gonna do more of these
[Image: 0coRR3u.jpg]
[Image: 3hB7YHw.jpg]
Awesome stuff as usual man.

HOW DO YOU MAKE YOUR CHARACTERS LOOK SO EFFORTLESS!?

Seriously, like I can literally count how many brush strokes you use. That's amazing.
As always you are killing it man. Keep the awesome juices flowing. Have a great new year and see you in 2014!
LongJh - thanks man! Really kind of you to say although I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing haha

Thanks Ramalooke! Happy New years to you as well. You keep that juice flowing too! Eh, that doesn't sound right...

some little character sketcharoos
[Image: SAvclm8.jpg]
You have put up some great works since my last visit, the santa sketch has great momentum.
Keep it up and happy new year.
Thanks man and happy new year to you too!

couple studies. A tip for any Doctor Who fans out there, the show has amazing lighting. I've taken hundreds of screencaps while watching it for studies and you'll see faces at every angle in literally every possible color of light. Whoever lit that show deserves an award of some kind

[Image: zfoYR0O.jpg]
I really like a lot of your character sketches, you should totally go and finish a design up at some point. The second guy on the right in your design practice is really nice.:]
Thanks man! :)

Happy 2014 to everybody!

Upbeat spitpaint to kick off the new year - the burial
[Image: BIoyHGr.jpg]