Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You're blasting it through man, as everyone said, you're fucking amazing.

Not sure if you recieved this crit (my only one), technically you're doing amazing but to me all your characters seem the same as in they don't convey what the scene is proposing, without a emotion on their face.
Check this out: http://artsammich.blogspot.com.br/2013/0...esign.html
I think if you mix it up it'll get even better.
Woah. Just woah.

What rafa said is spot on. I'm going to steal that advice and use it for my own work D:
Thanks Ursula <3

Rosolino - Thank you! More stuff on the wayyy

rafa - Gold! Thanks for that awesome advice, I really do overlook that so I needed that crit. #Brohug

Jaik - Yess that crit was perfect :) Gotta get on working on that!

[Image: zqUxMl7.jpg]
[Image: fPwoHYR.jpg]
[Image: eFEsHDF.jpg]
[Image: wtOrFHe.jpg]
yes ! BoOB!S MORE OF THOSE!!!!
Damn man, it's been so long since I've visited and there's tons of improvement. Really nice stuff, and inspiring! It brought a small tear to my eye.

I hope you don't mind if I take your schedule, haha. I'm really in need of some structure and your format feels a lot like something that fits my lifestyle and study requirements at the moment.

Keep killing it sir. You're doing great! :]
Fedodika - lawl bewbs :)

Archreux - Thanks man! Hope that schedule is useful for you, I think it helped me but I haven't followed it for a while now. Always good to have some structure!

[Image: eDsvoHS.jpg]
[Image: uihJTf3.jpg]
[Image: wbwR6jx.jpg]
[Image: h21suzr.jpg]
[Image: F7jAXbS.jpg]
[Image: Ml2C2Au.jpg]
Pnate holyyyyyyyy
Wow
You're amazing, love your work, keep doing what your doing

I mean srsly dat form in the second boob pic
Ahmahgad
smrrfette - thankssss smrrfette! I suppose boobs make a good subject for study haha. Too bad I don't have any naked women around, I would do daily boob still lifes if I could.

[Image: bk395Gp.jpg]
[Image: GGQOoK3.jpg]
[Image: p85aoLX.jpg]
[Image: YzioCJU.jpg]
Man, this sketchbook has so much awesome stuff in it! Very inspirational!

Do you work as a proffesional illustrator?
Too bad you don’t have naked women around you, would be cool to see you paint some from life :P No life drawing in your area?

Enviros (colors!) are lovely as always!
Thanks Dennis! Nah, I haven't worked for any real companies yet, just private clients (still counts? I don't know :))

Lyraina - There is a life drawing pretty near me, maybe I'll leave my cave for it lol

Played with photos a bit, pretty fun but need more practice with it.

[Image: CGikfnq.jpg]
[Image: 48iFWkS.jpg]
[Image: wu9Br6P.jpg]
[Image: h93fALC.jpg]
that warrior chick is SWEET unique pose, great face, attractive but stil intimidating :0
Fedodika - thanks man! Plenty of good photo ref to work from :)

recent commission portrait and stuff. Boobs and blue light - wholly original on my part! (design by the client)

[Image: m8yNotF.jpg]
[Image: FBCArkw.jpg]
[Image: 9OY1pBY.jpg]
Wooowww, what gorgeous paintings these last ones. :)
Amazing sketch book!

I'm really envious of your brush control and command on textures. Your colors are also great.

My only crit I guess is somewhere along the lines of what rafa mentioned earlier. Try adding more variety when it comes to expressions. Maybe doing some studies along the lines of cartoonish or really expressive portraits to help you break out from the structure/confines of realism a bit (so to speak).

Still digging through your 40+ pages of incredible sketchbook work; only hope your early works were still available for viewing (for reference).
Rafa - Thanks man, and thanks also for the advice to my question in your sketchbook :)

Pictomancer - Hey thanks! Yeah I've really got to try breaking out of the habit of creating expressionless mannequins. I'm not sure why but Imgur deleted the first few pages of posts in this sketchbook :(

Started up a livestream channel: http://www.livestream.com/artblarghs
Might try doing morning studies on it.

[Image: UpKvpWs.jpg]
[Image: GcZqBro.jpg]
[Image: fc2xKcx.jpg]
[Image: frNsCFt.jpg]
oh damn those new faces are what i'm talkin about!!!!
Jus getting better n better :p
Ooooh livestream!! Since livestream doesn't send notifications (I think?), about what time is morning where you live?

Nice to see you experiment with photos :) Although I still love your rough painterly enviros.
Fedodika - woohoo thanks man :)

Mr. Toodles - I hope so :( I can't really tell, but just gotta keep moving forward they say.

Lyraina - I live in Calfornia, so I would probably stream around 10am California time :) I'm going to try it tomorrow morning and we'll see how it goes!

[Image: bAcd91W.jpg]
[Image: Q8SJnBM.jpg]
[Image: Y4m2v55.jpg]
[Image: LD6DSeX.jpg]