Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: This is my sketchbook ! D:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Liked your bloodsport man, badass walrus :) Keep up the studies and such, I should learn from you and do more still lifes. Looking good and keep applying!
Thanks a lot Pnate ! :D Yeah still life studies are very helpful ! :)

Some stuff

Master study, Repin <3, will do more, I learned a lot and can't wait to do another one haha :D

[attachment=23794]

Orc Bartender WIP

[attachment=23795]
Here's some new stuff ! :D

Orc Bartender finished ^^

[attachment=24014]

Some Bridgman studies

[attachment=24015]

And a veeeery crappy study from a screenshot.. I will do some other movie screenshot studies to help me for composition, scene etc..

[attachment=24016]
Some new stuff, I've been doing a lot of experiments these days but didn't keep them :s I'm trying to get better at sketching putting things all together etc..

Still life study

[attachment=24404]

Repin study

[attachment=24405]

And a crappy sketch, as I said I'm trying to get better at having complete "scenes" or at least char'+env' etc.. So I need to get more comfortable at sketching whole things...

[attachment=24406]
New stuff !

Forest study

[attachment=24571]

And some crappy sketches, the good point with those expriments is that I learned some things in my way of processing, of putting things together.. I also saw that I need to be carefuller on the hard/soft edges aspect

[attachment=24573]

[attachment=24574]

[attachment=24575]
Yo Daggers !

Still life

[attachment=24757]

And a WIP, tried again a full scene, I will see how it goes, I also saw that I really need to work on design stuff, Well I'll do some solo characters after this :)

[attachment=24758]
Love seeing the personal stuff man. I realized that painting "full" illustrations is an issue with me too, but you can't go wrong painting whole scenes. Then hopefully everything else should be a little easier :)
Hey thank you Pnate, yup it's quite hard :/ I think "full scenes" are things that need to do sometimes to point completely what is going wrong..

Well, I did really crappy things these days :(

Firstly, I fucked up my full scene, there's a true lack of volume/painted rendering 3d... (plus all the other things ^^), I will have to seriously focus on it to "mutate" my brain, make me think more of it to make it become a second nature etc..

[attachment=24956]

A quick unfinished thing to make some test

[attachment=24957]

A Sargent study, I failed it :/ (should have been more careful of the proportions...)

[attachment=24958]

And some outdoor things

[attachment=24959]
Very nice masterstudies mate! Seems like they get reflected a bit in your orc bartender piece :D
When drawing outdoors I've found that a softer pen, like 4b is perfect for sketching up stuff, always nice to fill it in with some values too! You've got good pencil work though!

And I think that you've got the right idea with illustrations/scenes, just do some and it'll become easier after a while. Though the composition has a nice diagonal in it, but you could strengthen that more by raising the head of the beast-thingie! I think that could be more dramatic :D

Keep going on man!
Hey thank you Bjulvar ! Thanks for the advices and for the encouragement ! :D

so, some stuff

A WIP

[attachment=25070]

a Study

[attachment=25071]
Great sketchbook. keep it up!
Hey thank you AngeliquevdMee ! :)

Some new stuff here !

update of the last sketch, will need to do more materials studies !

[attachment=25222]

Beginning of a new one

[attachment=25223]

A still life drape, got lost with the small folds, next time I'll, at least, make better lines for the big ones so that maybe I'll be less lost ^^

[attachment=25224]

and some outdoor scribbles

[attachment=25225]
Well, nothing extraordinary, I have worked a lot on sketching but chained shit for something like 10 hours yesterday, learned a lot but nothing went very far :/ I'm now starting something that I'll share soon, I'll try to apply everything I learned with the big bunch of failures ^^

A Master study (Sargent)

[attachment=25390]

and an example of the "tests" I've done, actually he's the only one I kept even if it's super crappy

[attachment=25391]
Yo daggers ! :D

Well, I have some stuff from those days...

Crappy studies

[attachment=25749]

[attachment=25750]

And........ I'm feeling so sad for this little guy :( yesterday night I had a powercut while I was saving to post and.... my psd is now corrupted and I can't get what I did on him (it was finished :( ) so here is an early version, with lots of hours of work missing...

[attachment=25751]

JGZ

Digging the bold, hard brush work in your studies.

Watch out for going all the way to black. Black represents 100% lack of light.
Fuuuuck I hate when that happens. PS crashed on me at least twice just tonight alone. Super annoying. However, if you want to finish him, maybe this is a good chance to exercise painting directly onto one layer, if you don't already. Don't let anything stop you from finishing something if you want to. ;)
Damn, that happened to me a few times so now I'm paranoid and save into a new file every few hours haha. Keep it up, i like all the still lifes and the imagination applications. Maybe add some more soft edges in the transition areas though
JGZ -> Thanks man, yup I'll be more carefull, will try to use less black :)

MrFrenik -> Hehe thank you ! Don't worry, I've not finished him because I had finished him before it crashed but hadn't yet saving a jpg, I had learned a lot, that's the most important :)

Pnate -> Thanks a lot ! Haha now I'm doing the same ^^ ; I totally agree about the soft edges, I'm trying to use it more but I need more practice to use it better...

And here is some new stuff, have to work more, so many things to learn !

Sargent study

[attachment=26055]

Some sketches, very very very crappy, trying things, perspective colors.. the conclusion : I need to study women faces because I reeeeally suck at it !

[attachment=26056]

[attachment=26057]

And a wip because the last one was sooo terrible that I couldn't not try again to make a portrait !

[attachment=26058]
Some new stuff,

portrait ended badly :/ will do studies

[attachment=26574]

An unfinished sketch, dunno if I'll go back working on him, I tried new ways of working, don't think it was good but I think I can apply good new things for next sketch

[attachment=26575]

Bouguereau Study :( (really hard, will have to do others !)

[attachment=26576]

And some Bridgman stuff

[attachment=26577]
Nice figure studies man, you seem to have a really good sense of colour, keep it up :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6