Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: My scribbles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

capt surge

Hi I'm Capt Surge, and this is my new sketchbook. I left CA because I feel that it is destroying itself from the inside out and I don't want to be apart of that. So I'm here and on DA to post artz and stuffz. I hope to get good crits for my stuff so I can improve and become an illustrator in the future.
welcome! it is sad what happened to CA in recent times, indeed.
I have a sketchbook there too, and i´m considering to abandon it because of this shit.
Anyway, nice girls! i really like their design, pose and proportions the only thing that bugs me, is their heads. Specially the first one, something looks weird.
I think it is the neck for the first one. (or maybe it is just me, lol)

Scheherazade

Nice! I find a good tip for proportion is that the bottom of the crotch is the halfway point of the body - I think in your second picture the crotch is a bit low down. Hope that helps!

capt surge

Another character in grayscale, his name is Leon and he is a bad guy. I tried to mix the western cowboy look and a little bit of fantasy. I didn't do very well at that. Anyway, for this I wanted to practice painting male faces for once. I started with a quick silhouette, lightened it, and proceeded to sketch the rough design in. After that I do final line work to clean it up a bit. Next is just painting, I tried to get the materials to as well but...it sucks.

capt surge

CA is down, I repeat CA is down!...Oh and here is some stuff. :)