Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Milek's finished stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

EthicallyChallenged

Hey guys, I plan to show anything I think is "finished" in this thread. Any comments and crits are always welcome!

[Image: guardian_of_the_sunset_by_ethicallychall...5wyb94.jpg]

I was approached by a fantasy writer and agreed to use one of my old images for a book cover. I touched it up and added more detail and colors and here it is :)

you can check out the older, uglier version from a year ago here:
http://ethicallychallenged.deviantart.co...-295787744

Erebus

Added you on my watch on da to keep in contact, feel free to do the same, I always like critique and confrontation with other artists :-)
I really like this piece, in both versions I should say! The new one is really reminding me of "old" fantasy painters... Well not so old, I mean Larry Elmore and that bunch of artists: the texture, raw feeling, dreaming atmosphere...
But I like the oldest one too, it's less textured but also more dreming-like.
Anyway, good work!

Michael Syrigos

It's an awesome piece.
I like it a lot :-)
Awesome !
I'd see a wider composition though, or portrait .. i've a weird feeling between portrait and landscape on this. Or if it was a missing focale point on the left i don't know ..
Edges and colors are very cool, great piece ! ♥
edit: well i've just seen the rough, and i like this portrait composition better ! ;)