Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Philip's SketchBook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Philip

Time to join the Crimson dagger-community with my sketchbook!

I will fill this thread with pretty much everything I paint/draw, both studies and illustrations.

Story/Goals: I have been painting digitally for about 10 months and my personal goal is to work as a concept artist or illustrator, but I keep my doors open!

I start off with my last C.o.W entry “Centurion Warrior Beast”.
[attachment=15850]

Philip

Some hand studies, the first one is fairly old.

[attachment=15866]

[attachment=15867]

Think I saw this technique in a Gnomon video. Just had to try it out. Was pretty fun to be honest!

[attachment=15868]

[attachment=15869]

[attachment=15870]

Philip

Samurai Centaur – Work in progress

[attachment=16689]

And here's an old illustration.

[attachment=16690]

Philip

Here's a still life for you guys. Had a lot of problem working on this one, but I'm glad that I did it. Learned a bunch of stuff!

[attachment=16971]

Philip

Some dwarf silhouettes. Haven’t done it in this specific way before, was a lot of fun. Will probably add some values as well.

[attachment=17247]

Hand sketches

[attachment=17246]

Annnd... something :P

[attachment=17244]

Philip

Here's a update on my Samurai Centaur. Haven't been able to work on this for a while, but it felt some good to spend some time on it today. Next thing I will do is look over the color variation, at the moment I have a fairly slim palette.

[attachment=17259]

Philip

Took some of my dwarf sketches and added some details to them.

[attachment=17456]

And here's a super quick sketch for a illustration.

[attachment=17457]
great stuff, really like your studies and your imagination work.
I think you might wanna use slightly more saturated colours because some of the paintings do look washed out

Philip

(03-22-2013, 07:31 AM)Tom Seas Wrote: [ -> ]great stuff, really like your studies and your imagination work.
I think you might wanna use slightly more saturated colours because some of the paintings do look washed out

Thank you for your comment mate. About the colors... have been noticing that my self and though I try to think about it when I paint, they always seem to appear washed out in the end anyways haha. But thank you for reminding me!

Don't have the strength to work on this for another minute, so I'll call it a finish. Although I'm pretty pleased with it to be honest.

[attachment=17806]

Philip

Philip

This s for the bloodsports challenge. Will use the moose, so did some sketches for that.

[attachment=17949]

[attachment=17950]
These concepts are very insteresting ! I'm looking forward to seeing more !

Philip

Thank you Virid Rain :)

Here's a quick update on my diver

[attachment=18098]

Philip

After todays painting for the BeastMasters Challenge:

[attachment=18189]

Philip

Starting the day with some hand studies.

[attachment=18282]
[attachment=18283]

Philip

Diver finished :)

[attachment=18300]

Philip

1.5 hour color study.

[attachment=18331]

Philip

Starting the day with a super quick armor study. Messed it up a bit though ...

[attachment=18419]
cool sketchbook, the diver is by far your best piece, excellent work, the only crit I have is that his hand on the right (the one farthest away) seems a little big. Looking forward to seeing your moose illustration for beast masters. Keep up the good work :).

Philip

(03-28-2013, 01:15 AM)JonHop Wrote: [ -> ]cool sketchbook, the diver is by far your best piece, excellent work, the only crit I have is that his hand on the right (the one farthest away) seems a little big. Looking forward to seeing your moose illustration for beast masters. Keep up the good work :).

Thanks Jonhop. "your only as good as you latest work" I guess. Was pretty plaesed with that one my self. Thank you for your crit as well, might change that.

After todays painting on my beastmasters. Haven't happend to much... masking took alot of time :D
Pages: 1 2 3