Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: ChristofferNilssons Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

ChristofferNilsson

[Image: Cave%20TrollSmall.jpg]
My first digital sketch, just watching videos figuring our how different kinds if layers work.

[Image: Cover%20Mars%20Red%20Small.jpg]
Trying to pull off some kind of mars-like landscape, the planet is kinda crappy right now though.

[Image: Goatman%20small.jpg]
A goatman attacking some knight guy.

SpectreX

Keep on studying, you'll get there!
For piece 1 and 3 I can recommend doing more anatomy studies (Loomis, Vilppu,..)
For piece number 2 try doing more perspective studies and observational drawing (drawing from life, photo)

ChristofferNilsson

[Image: Hands.jpg]
Been trying to do some hands today, studying pictures of my own and drawing them.
These are the ones i thought worked.

ChristofferNilsson

Did a quick anatomy study today, took about 30 min.
A used a picture of a girl as reference, and first i traced the picture to get a feel for the
forms, then i drew it again looking at it, and lastly just from memory.
Im going to try and do one of these every day, and i figure that eventually i wont have as many flaws later when i draw from memory and i will be able to just make poses up as well.

ChristofferNilsson

Did a selfportrait, didnt come out super good, but im satisfied with it. Im really hung over today and i kind of shows in the picture XD

ChristofferNilsson

Did another anatomy study today. Step by step as the other one.
First tracing the reference, then doing one while looking at the ref.
Then doing it from memory.

ChristofferNilsson

Todays anatomy study.

ChristofferNilsson

Started this day of with two anatomy exercises.

ChristofferNilsson

Did a still-life, took about an hour.
Trying to get the feel of the entire picture right.

ChristofferNilsson

Todays anatomy exercise.
Good start to your sketchbook, if I may, in your painting and drawing your strokes and marks seem a bit timid, try and place them with confidence and boldness. Keep pushing yourself and posting up your progress :)

ChristofferNilsson

(03-28-2013, 01:23 AM)JonHop Wrote: [ -> ]Good start to your sketchbook, if I may, in your painting and drawing your strokes and marks seem a bit timid, try and place them with confidence and boldness. Keep pushing yourself and posting up your progress :)

Thanks, i will take that in mind. I have only used a tablet for about a week, i guess thats why the strokes seem timid. Im so much more used to doing it with an actual brush or pen.
Awesome of you to stop by and give me some tips! :D
I will absolutely keep training and posting.

ChristofferNilsson

Todays anatomy exercise.

ChristofferNilsson

Started sketching on some kind of undead/horse/dragon thing.
I started to do just a horseskull then i didnt know what to do, so i added some muscle/flesh just to se how it looked, next thing you know it has horns and it has become a dragon. XD

ChristofferNilsson

Did some more on the horsedragon, testing out some colors and such, not really sure where to take the wings but ill get to that, and i will probably change the body also, since i feel it slopes to much by the edge.[/align]
Nice work. I'm going to link you a video that Matt Kohr made on clean rendering - it helped me infinetly and I think it may help you too!

(Also definitely check out the rest of the videos on there - amazing resource)

http://ctrlpaint.com/videos/brush-techni...d-and-soft

ChristofferNilsson

Been doing some skullstudys, i havent drawn many "humans" so i really need to get some anatomytraining done.

ChristofferNilsson

Sketch of some hydra-encounter.

ChristofferNilsson

Did some 60sec Gestures.
Nice sketchbook! I see you put a lot of effort, I would recommend you to try make less lines to make it more fluid and enjoyable for a viewer. There's a link which can help you learn how to draw better gestures :
There's also good anatomy lessons to start with: http://www.youtube.com/user/ProkoTV/videos?view=0
Hope it helps!
-Dom
Pages: 1 2