Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Sketchbook: Raymond Luk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Raymond Luk

Hello everyone! :D

My name is Raymond, or Ray for short.
I'm currently a first year art student and this is my personal sketchbook where I'll be uploading my studies in 2d, 3d, and animation--

Critiques and feedback are welcomed and preferred, please don't feel restrained no matter what your skill level! :0

Here are some vehicle studies done today.
I spent quite a bit of time getting the parts accurate and will need to be more efficient producing sketches :0

[attachment=18276]

I STRaY I

Hey Raymond, welcome. Great start. Some of your ellipsis are wonky, but who's aren't. I like the bottom right vehicle the most. Pretty cool!

Raymond Luk

Thanks for the kind welcome, ellipses are one thing I gotta practice more of too :P

I've been wanting to do a colored piece so I explored some silhouettes of 'elemental' creatures and picked one to draw out! :D

[attachment=18494]
[attachment=18495]
Welcome to the forums

Raymond Luk

Thanks! :D

Here are some 20 minute speedpaintings today :0 The first one I did from my second monitor, and the last one I did from imagination
[attachment=18636]
absolutely loving the elemental ray! sweet design.
Nice work man :) cool to see youre on here

Raymond Luk

Nice seeing some familiar faces around :]

Here are some studies of Mickey Mouse! :D Just trodding slowly through Preston Blair
[attachment=18900]
[attachment=18901]
[attachment=18902]
Really love the stuff you got going on here, keep up the good work, when you get a min can you give mine a look http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-1501.html

Raymond Luk

I'll definitely be doing more Thumbs_up
Here's a little swamp creature I designed that serves coffee :]
[attachment=19661]

And the first of a series of visual library studies! :D
[attachment=19662]

Raymond Luk

Did a redesign of the Dracula tale, this is Vlad :D
[attachment=19902]

Here's some visual library studies done with a custom brush I created -- initially to loosen up, but suffice to say, I failed.
[attachment=19903]

Raymond Luk

Did some sketches today :0
[attachment=20038]
[attachment=20039]

Raymond Luk

Concept Car I did, those visual libraries are definitely helping :D
[attachment=20713]

And here are some more visual library studies done at school!
[attachment=20714]
[attachment=20715]

Raymond Luk

Modeled a strawberry and a treasure chest following these tutorials by irvin390 :D Strawberry Treasure Chest
Presented a few challenges but taught me a lot xD
[attachment=20825]
[attachment=20826]
Chest turned out really great
Hey Ray! Didn't know you and Corey were also on Crimson Daggers. Alright! Looking good. I think the headlight studies are bloody brilliant.

Raymond Luk

Heh heh thanks guys! :P Wing's here also
@Jones I switched over from vehicles to buildings now xD

More visual library! :0
[attachment=21655]
I don't know much about 3D stuff but the perspective stuff is lookin' good. I'd love to see more of that!

Raymond Luk

Here are some perspective stuff :P
Silhouettes and thumbnails
[attachment=21804]
[attachment=21805]
[attachment=21806]

Raymond Luk

Pages: 1 2