Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: WAZAAPPP!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Meonah

Hai!
My name is Meonah and I was referred to this site by some painter guys i know that I stalk just shy of obsessively. When I asked where to go to learn they sent me here.
I am a digital artist just starting to come into my own.
I have never done art for money, it has always been more of a hobby. But I want more, I want to get better so with the help if these painters i stalk they have given me a plethora of resources I can use I have implemented.
I don't expect to get better without hard work and practice, and that is why I am here, to learn ^.^
If anyone has some good Ebooks to read on art wether traditional or digital please let me know. Or if you have tips I'd like to know those as well!
Right now I am trying to conquer scenery. I am trying to do a painting with trees and foliage, but i cant seem to grasp how to get the tree foliage to look right. A fan brush seems to work great for fuzzy foliage like ferns and what not, but it makes trees and other foliage look funny.
I'm just getting the hang of painting textures with different brushes (talking photoshop here id make a terrible mess with traditional media im sure of it haha). I have watched some traditional painting tutorials to find out how THEY tackle foliage and I am enlightened a bit, but i need more knowledge!
Not just with trees, but all sorts of scenery!
And hey, why stop there, anything else for that matter would be great.
Anyone taking apprentices? haha!

I really admire all the talented people that can turn out master pieces in a matter of hours, and I hope to meet and speak with a good percentage of them at least!
I am here to improve and to perhaps makes friends and network, so don't be shy and send a message my way! ^.^
Hi there, and welcome ! =)
Welcome !

Meonah

(04-02-2013, 07:35 PM)Heavenwill Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome !

Did you feel your ears burning when I joined this forum? haha XD

Leatrix

wasnt until after i made my first account i realized using my deviant art name might minimize confusion..so..heres my actual account XD