Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Sketches and paintings and ALLOT OF FUN!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
just some sketching look into what im sucking at atm ( design) soo need to work more on that:

[Image: policedude_zps358f9446.jpg]
Bad A cop dude. I aspire to have your skills!
hey Kronos thanks man means so much that you say that !:)
some more doodling, trying to find out if i can aply my own colors to photostudies.

[Image: 1238255_10200617551383050_1611525438_n.jpg]
oh yes~ loving the newest studies! they remind me of gouache paintings :))
That last study is fantastic man. Great brushwork and palette. Love it. :)
(09-25-2013, 11:07 PM)JakeB Wrote: [ -> ]That last study is fantastic man. Great brushwork and palette. Love it. :)

thanks jake! your doing great aswell mate!! should hook up with skyp or something do some studies together!
Yeah sure thing dude. Hit me up on facebook sometime if you wanna :)
hey guys!

here is some sketches from my sketchbook while im at school getting useless lectures -_-

[Image: sketchescd_zpsf04fc430.jpg]
The shapes in your strokes are so awsome to look at, really nice. I'm also liking these design concepts you're getting out, they're reading well, definitely a whole lot of improvement.

The update on that lady of yours is coming along well. I'd personally soften that laugh line on her cheek, it's reading too strongly right now.

Good stuff. :]
hey archreux thanks for the advise man i will!

here is a quick thingie from imagination, started grey scale wanted to see where i could go without any tuts or whatsoever

[Image: blaba_zpsd48b9b3c.jpg]
i really like how you're wrapping the forms with the brush work. by the way, is that a filter you add on top to get that thin blue and red edge ?
hey guys!

i made another portrait from life, my friend was playing gta so i asked him if i could paint him, its so much more fun to paint from life than photo!

[Image: 523525_10200636525017379_1983224102_n.jpg]
having a hardtime with females, and wanted to improve some of my miss universe painting so did a quick study of the female body, its was mostly for her chest area

[Image: femalestudy1_zpsbfc9463f.jpg]
Man, great likeness on that portrait, loved it!
hey guys!! sorry for the lack of posting this week! ive been learning some zbrush and its really fun! this is my firl WIP in zbrush, it suppost to be christian bale:P for all you zbrush artists tips and comments are more than welcome !

[Image: Schermafbeelding2013-10-02om205210_zps25bb1753.png]
very cool stuff mate, your brushtrokes are always a pleasure to look at.
Its also good that you are learning 3d, keep rocking!
thanks mate!
haha Zbrush :D well the head is not outstanding and needs lot more work. But I remember my first sculpt was even worse :D In long term having fundamentals in drawing helps a lot. You will improve fast with only few models comparing to someone who is pure 3d artist. Just get use to software. You could try to use flatten brush instead smooth for details so it will not look like liquid but create some nice sharp surfaces. Also check something what is called DynaMesh. I love this feature because you don't need to care much about mesh density while sculpting.
Here's few good tips:
http://youtu.be/vbCl66NFTSs?t=34m29s
zbrush center or polycount are good places to look for more resources. cheers!
hey madzia!! thanks for the tips!! and yeah the problem was also that i went too early with doing detailing, so i went back and worked more with the dynamesh, and here is the outcome, looks better than the first one imo any tips are more than welcome!:

[Image: Schermafbeelding2013-10-03om011255_zpsac909eec.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11