Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Lance Rousseau's Finished Artwork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

lancerousseau

How's it going guys? I'm pretty new to this forum. I haven't really posted anything on here. But, I've been following the live-streams and challenges. Now, I finally have some time to take part in the challenges, so I hope you guys like my work. Here's a few piece done by me from the last couple of months.

The first one is a fan art piece done for one of my favorite TV shows growing up. Aaahh!! Real Monsters "Ickis" to be exact.

[attachment=19739]

The second piece is a swole monster frog called "Kermen"

[attachment=19740]

And, the third piece is a crazed bunny "Rabid Bunny"

[attachment=19741]
Hey lancerousseau! Never paint hair or fur with single strokes. Try to represent them with masses. You will probably find a tone of tutorials about that special topic. Sth. that would help you a lot are photostudys. I think that is the best way to practice the indication of texture and certain surface effects like slippery skin and stuff. You´ll also get a better comprehenshion of the painting technique itself. You for example overuse the softbrush quite a lot but that goes along with missing edgecontrole. It´s pretty general but you if you really want to improve your stuff study fundamentals. The web is full of ressources. Good luck and keep up the work.

lancerousseau

(04-11-2013, 07:39 AM)Matthias Kinnigkeit Wrote: [ -> ]Hey lancerousseau! Never paint hair or fur with single strokes. Try to represent them with masses. You will probably find a tone of tutorials about that special topic. Sth. that would help you a lot are photostudys. I think that is the best way to practice the indication of texture and certain surface effects like slippery skin and stuff. You´ll also get a better comprehenshion of the painting technique itself. You for example overuse the softbrush quite a lot but that goes along with missing edgecontrole. It´s pretty general but you if you really want to improve your stuff study fundamentals. The web is full of ressources. Good luck and keep up the work.

Yeah, I agree as far as painting fur with single strokes, bad technique on my side. I pretty much suck at painting fur and hair haha I'm still learning man. Thanks for your feedback :)

Fan Art piece I did of Krumm from Aaahh!! Real Monsters

[attachment=22361]

My Bloodsports 15 entry, blah

[attachment=22360]

lancerousseau

Finally finished with the last character of the cartoon Aaahh!! Real Monsters, Oblina. I have to say going in to this one I wasn't too excited like I was with Ickis, and Krumm. But, now that I'm finished, I'm very pleased with how it turn out. It might just be my favorite painting out of the 3. Anyways, Enjoy!!!

[attachment=24947]
AAAHH real monsters is my favorite show from childhood xD Nice to see someone still remember it :D

About Your art I have one suggestion. You don't quite control soft vs hard edges. Think about focal point in photos, how blurry edges get where. Just start using hard brush for details. Maybe this will be helpful:

[Image: Paintover01.jpg]

lancerousseau

Yeah, I can definitely see that now that you pointed it out. I pretty much use the soft round brush for everything, it works but I need to pay a little more attention to the hard edges. Thanks :)

lancerousseau

This is a portrait of myself as a werewolf (similar to the style of Teen Wolf) I painted this with a different approach. Instead of rendering it from gray-scale to color, I just jumped straight into fleshing it out in color. I think it made my colors more vibrant, and life like. I had a lot of fun painting this one, hope you guys like it .............and yes I am an Alpha hahahaha

[attachment=29089]