Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: PAINTOVER - Animation Palette
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

d4nielreyes

Hi Guys!

I have been trying to get this kind of "anime" color palette:

http://www.imgbase.info/images/safe-wall..._shell.jpg

for this work:

[Image: d4nielreyes_II.jpg]

any ideas please?

Thanks a lot!

Daniel.
Well, as far as the palette goes: you're going with red-blue whereas your example is mostly yellow-green-blueish with just a little bit of red. But I don't mind, because your palette is nice, too.
Your main problem here is the perspective. I'm not at all sure what I'm looking at here. Is she falling from the ceiling or hanging from the wires? Because gravity doesn't seem to be working on her somehow. And are those wires conveniently cut just before her torso or are they plugged into her? I don't see any clues to that like some sort of electical sockets on her body. Then, are those small boxes falling from the ceiling? I don't get it. Is she maybe huge and cramped into that room? Anyhow, I'm sure the perspective is completely off on this piece, because I'm not able to read it at all.
But you did a great job drawing the girl and the mood is nice, too, so I'd say go back and put a horizontal line in there, find your vanishing point and redo the room and clarify the wire situation =)

d4nielreyes

thank so much, you encourage me to keep the blue tones, and sure, I got a few serious perspective issues, but I´m already on it, what a mess!! thank you! :)

d4nielreyes

[Image: DanielReyes_2.png]

Well this is the final version :)