Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: PAINTOVER - Animation Palette II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

d4nielreyes

Hi!

Still trying to get this anime color palette:

http://articlesandtexticles.co.uk/imgs/0...aka02x.jpg

for this work:

[Image: d4nielreyes_I.jpg]

any ideas please? paintovers?

Well thanks a lot!

Daniel.
Well this is kinda stating the obvious but your palette is predominantly cool blue while the target palette is predominantly warm desaturated yellows. I desaturated your image first then just applied a colorize to the whole thing to match the target. I added a bit more saturated colour in color mode onto the octopus head for the warmer accent that seems to be in those other images. I don't think it's a good place for the accent but just wanted to put it somewhere.

As for your painting, the perspective is all over the place. Look at the converging lines I drew on the second image. No consistent vp or horizon line. Suggest you read up on perspective and how to set it up and redraw the environment.
Hope that helps.

[attachment=19778]

d4nielreyes

Thanks a lot! Yeah you´re so right about the vanishing point :S, and perfect, thats a great color atmosphere, I'm going to desaturate it and colorize all again.

Thank you!

D.

d4nielreyes

I have decided to oversaturate it, like a low res animation cel or something like that :)

[Image: DanielReyes_.png]
Its very different from what you were going for but the colours are nice enough. It's a shame the perspective is still just as wrong. No palette will fix that unfortunately.