Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: What I'm working on now and other scribbles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Vosillus

I thought I would try and make this as easy on myself as possible by just posting whatever I am working on so that I keep it regular. So this is what I am working on at the moment. A little penguin dude. I am going to start painting him today.

[attachment=20044][attachment=20045]
That's awesome! It looks really good, did you do studies of regular penguins before you drew you cartoony version?

Vosillus

(04-10-2013, 05:24 PM)Mannyhaatz Wrote: [ -> ]That's awesome! It looks really good, did you do studies of regular penguins before you drew you cartoony version?

Hey Manny, thanks! And yes, I just did some doodles of the skull first as that usually helps me understand the anatomy a little more. Nothing extensive though as I find it usually hits home enough to do a quick study :)

Vosillus

Penguin Painted

[attachment=20059]

Vosillus

Some Boards I have been doodling on for my story book... A long, long , long ways to go yet!

[attachment=20073]

[attachment=20075]

Vosillus

The latest one is lovely, I really like the simplicity of it.
The penguin has great movement, you don't happen to have roots in animation do you?

Vosillus

(04-19-2013, 07:46 PM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]The latest one is lovely, I really like the simplicity of it.
The penguin has great movement, you don't happen to have roots in animation do you?

Thanks Markus. Um, not really. I never studied art but I did intern at a production house after school. I helped out with frames on some 2 D stuff - so maybe that's the influence :)

[attachment=21030]

kindcrayons

Really great movement and character in your drawings! I'm pretty sure the girl mixing the batter's legs are off though.

Vosillus

(04-20-2013, 01:28 AM)kindcrayons Wrote: [ -> ]Really great movement and character in your drawings! I'm pretty sure the girl mixing the batter's legs are off though.

Thanks Kind Crayons! I spotted that too and tried to fix them earlier... do you think they look better?

[attachment=21068]
(04-20-2013, 01:58 AM)Vosillus Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-20-2013, 01:28 AM)kindcrayons Wrote: [ -> ]Really great movement and character in your drawings! I'm pretty sure the girl mixing the batter's legs are off though.

Thanks Kind Crayons! I spotted that too and tried to fix them earlier... do you think they look better?

whoops forgot to attach
This SB is so good. Great work.

Vosillus

(04-20-2013, 02:38 AM)Mythtaken Wrote: [ -> ]This SB is so good. Great work.

Thanks MythTaken!

[attachment=21078]Coloring this little pot 'O love[/i]
Whoa, awesome sketchbook, love the style!

kindcrayons

I think they're still too far back?

Hm. You decide. I moved the legs forward in the edit. I think the bend of the knees can be a bit higher and follow the same perspective as the hips/heels. Oh I didn't do the edit, but I think the elbow's in a wonky place too.

[attachment=21106]

Vosillus

(04-20-2013, 09:42 AM)kindcrayons Wrote: [ -> ]I think they're still too far back?

Hm. You decide. I moved the legs forward in the edit. I think the bend of the knees can be a bit higher and follow the same perspective as the hips/heels. Oh I didn't do the edit, but I think the elbow's in a wonky place too.

wow, I really appreciate the time you took to help me out. Thank-you so much! You're pure class! I will definitely use it. Thanks again!

(04-20-2013, 04:18 AM)Ursula Dorada Wrote: [ -> ]Whoa, awesome sketchbook, love the style!

Thanks Ursula!!! Love your work, I will come and visit your sketchbook too!!

Vosillus

Sketch on sunday[attachment=21854]

finished Miss Thang ( almost )

[attachment=21855]

Vosillus