Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: in dire need of a paint over
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello everyone. i started working on this piece earler today and now im loosing sleep over it. i dont know what wrong with it. i left the the hands of purpose for the time being. i stil have much to do on it but i have no idea where to go next.

please any crits and paint over welcomed. this is my first really push into Photoshop and im dying to find out how i could make it better.

thank you in advance

JabyReART

Hi there! here some of my ideas on your painting.
You should start with a darker background and add light on it, its easier to get better values (try to avoid complete black or complete white) and a resize of the canvas and make your girl to be on the center (three thirds rule) to balance the composition.
The pose is not bad itself but needs:
shorthen the forearm of the hanging arm
watch the nipples and the form of the breasts (they are no balls)
make the waist wider
add some back in the armpit to make sense with her arm
hide the sword´s arm behind the breasts a little (its not completly at front)
add some higlights to make forms and give a nice popup
Study (harder) hands, bellies, breasts to make your painting believeable, you keep your proportions right (8 heads and such) but you loose it with these little details.
Overall a good pose...keep drawing! :)
(04-11-2013, 06:29 PM)JabyReART Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there! here some of my ideas on your painting.
You should start with a darker background and add light on it, its easier to get better values (try to avoid complete black or complete white) and a resize of the canvas and make your girl to be on the center (three thirds rule) to balance the composition.
The pose is not bad itself but needs:
shorthen the forearm of the hanging arm
watch the nipples and the form of the breasts (they are no balls)
make the waist wider
add some back in the armpit to make sense with her arm
hide the sword´s arm behind the breasts a little (its not completly at front)
add some higlights to make forms and give a nice popup
Study (harder) hands, bellies, breasts to make your painting believeable, you keep your proportions right (8 heads and such) but you loose it with these little details.
Overall a good pose...keep drawing! :)

oh wow this well surely come in handy. i felt like something was wrong with her belly but i could figure it out. ill go study some more. thank you so very muxh