Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: jmgallo's sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jmgallo

So it took me a few days to get started. Wanted to start the sketchbook out with something cool. Whats cooler that Christopher Lee? Very little.

This is an hour long study and I am reminded for the second day in a row how rusty I am. It was difficult to put the stylus down at the one hour mark, as I could see immediately some things I did wrong, blah. So I am still rusty but that's why I am here, right? Here's to improvement!

[Image: swIDiyQ.jpg]

Here was the reference:
[Image: y8XtV5i.jpg]
Welcome Jim!
Rock on :D
You're right, there is very little cooler.. Maybe Christopher Walken? He's a bad ass.

Welcome to the forums, Great start!

jmgallo

Next study: Gandalf

Much happier with this than Saruman, though I spent a bit more time on this one. 90 minutes. Feels good to be doing this :)

[Image: IByNEGh.jpg]

jmgallo

Jennifer Lawrence study. ENTIRELY TOO LONG. Had to force myself to stop.
[Image: RdanqRZ.jpg]

jmgallo

Tonight I return to middle earth with a study of Thorin Oakenshield. I didn't even really time it, but it was a couple of hours.
[Image: vOpBxxH.jpg]

jmgallo

Study of Morpheus still from The Matrix.

[Image: FVDBEeW.jpg]
Oooh nice one man!
Dont be afriad to pull some real black in there to make the contrast pop a bit more :) Just be selective about where to put it.

jmgallo

(04-20-2013, 03:41 AM)Ursula Dorada Wrote: [ -> ]Oooh nice one man!
Dont be afriad to pull some real black in there to make the contrast pop a bit more :) Just be selective about where to put it.

Thanks Sula :) I am learning to use it more judiciously.

jmgallo

Maynard James Keenan of TOOL, my favorite band.
[Image: L6dZ3PE.jpg]

jmgallo

Daryl Dixon :)
[Image: eWfZbrC.jpg]

jmgallo

Lady GaGa study

I missed a couple of days there, but I'm back :)
[Image: rWdH2io.jpg]

jmgallo

These are mah parents. Its there 44th anniversary today.
[Image: 8IWdkuh.jpg]