Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Landscape crit please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, hopefully the composition on this is ok- i really should have done thumbnails but this was a wind down/relax painting so I wasnt really planning it.
Just did a quick colour wash really so I know it probs doesnt look great.
Any crit on where I can go from here would be great, thanks :)
Hey Ward217,

Nice mood here. Like the loneliness/peaceful feel it conveys for the lone character...

My 2 cents:
If you want to push that piece, maybe you could start by pulling out some fore/middleground on the ground. The rock area seems overall a little too flat... (unless it's the feel you wanted).
Is that ships in the sky? You could maybe try to push the closest one a bit more near the upper left hotspot, composition wise...

Cheers!
(04-19-2013, 08:57 AM)Alchimi Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Ward217,

Nice mood here. Like the loneliness/peaceful feel it conveys for the lone character...

My 2 cents:
If you want to push that piece, maybe you could start by pulling out some fore/middleground on the ground. The rock area seems overall a little too flat... (unless it's the feel you wanted).
Is that ships in the sky? You could maybe try to push the closest one a bit more near the upper left hotspot, composition wise...

Cheers!

Thanks very much!
Yes you are very right there, it all seems to blur a bit too much together and is pretty uninteresting, cheers.
Yes those will be spaceships as its a futuristic city, will see what I can do with the ship.
Thanks a heap thats been very helpful :D
It's not uninteresting, just very flat^^
I think you have a nice color comp here, now it's time to push it , (depending on the level of rendering you want to do on this piece).
I made a quick paintover to point small points in your comp I believe-imho-you could work.
[attachment=21112]

Have fun painting, keep it up!