Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: * w * ferrando's sketchbook D:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

ferrando

ferrando

bust study from photo,

I messed with the smudge tool on the drapery, left some weird artifacting
Liking that sculpt painting!
Try using less lines in your drawings by the way. It's better to use less and explain more with it.

levigilbert

Yeah I was basically going to say the exact same thing as Conny.

That sketchy sort of hatching works great on the bust, but gets kinda muddy in your drawings. I'd suggest trying to simplify your drawings, try a more permanent media like ink/pen. You could even practice just drawing lines with single strokes, which I've done quite a lot actually and have found it helps.

It's really interesting how that sketchy quality is what I love in that sculpture study though. Keep it up!

ferrando

some garbage made with the smudge tool maybe i will work it into my work flow.

thanks for the comments/crits guys. definitely things i'm trying to solve.

ferrando

photo study

ferrando

not much time for personal stuff this week,

some more quick studies.
I don't usually like that sort of small brush hatching, but you do it well in those studies, I like 'em!

ferrando

(02-03-2012, 11:23 AM)jonafunart Wrote: [ -> ]I don't usually like that sort of small brush hatching, but you do it well in those studies, I like 'em!

thanks,

study stuff
Looking good !

ferrando

@knut thanks

I was away from photoshop for a couple of days, but got to go to the MET and do some drawing.

[attachment=681]
[attachment=682]
[attachment=683]
[attachment=684]
[attachment=685]
[attachment=686]
[attachment=687]

Vertical

Man, I could spend a week in the Met. Nice work Ferrando, really interesting hatching style. It looks great in your digital paintings!

ferrando

@vertical thanks

been working on this on and off for weeks, hopefully its about finished...

[attachment=728]
In that last one, you should finish up the hand holding the cane and work a bit more on the face. I think you got a potential great piece here. Lots of detail and interesting brush strokes. Just need to tighten it up those two areas.
Hey, I've been meaning to drop by this sketchbook for a while. I think you've got a very unique approach to mark making. I especially like your figure studies, they have a tremendous amount of energy and movement. Do you approach this very quickly with a lot of layering, or is it more methodical than the image would suggest? I definitely feel like your faces are weaker than the rest of the figure, you should really shore that up with some study. Good stuff, keep pushing it.

ferrando

(02-10-2012, 12:10 AM)CoreyKLamb Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I've been meaning to drop by this sketchbook for a while.

thanks,
the studies are one or two layers.

if i do a personal piece i do alot of layers, I do work really quickly and alot of iteration happens on the page, theres nothing methodical about the way the work, and it catches up to me all the time.

for faces, well everything needs work hah!!

@dennis thanks, the arm really bothers me.

attached, something i don't even know

ferrando

sketch for the next bloodsport

P•N•K•C

[attachment=839]

ferrando

wip yay

ferrando

new wips, including some SNOW CRASH fan art.

[attachment=1337]
[attachment=1338]
[attachment=1339]
really nice sketchbook, i love your sketching style so much, it seems to transfer into your paintings too, keep it up!
Pages: 1 2 3