Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: bit of landscape crit please :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=21907]
hey all,
just tried out a new method and I am so much more comfortable with it- i used to almost fully render in b/w then do colour overlays, but it left the piece looking flat and fake.
So i tried just sketching it in b/w and then going full out colour form there, checking the values every so often in B/W.
Hopefully anyone whos seen my work before can see a small improvement.
The lighting on the back of the asian building will be edited too, i just wanted to block in the mid section in red.
Also I need to add the shadow of the tower on the hill. Sorry just noticing things after I posted it!
What have I done wrong so far with this? Gonna tidy up the river etc, and I think the perspective is ok but I could be wrong. Any help would be very appreciated :D
Cheers.

update.
Unfortunately, I haven't painted any landscapes, so my feedback can only be only be limited. I will say that 1) I really like this piece--love the dreamy, golden lighting, and that 2) I'm not sure whether that's a path or a river because it's so reflective. It's also just lying on top of the ground, especially towards the front--maybe integrate into the green a bit more?
(05-02-2013, 05:58 AM)Camilleon Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, I haven't painted any landscapes, so my feedback can only be only be limited. I will say that 1) I really like this piece--love the dreamy, golden lighting, and that 2) I'm not sure whether that's a path or a river because it's so reflective. It's also just lying on top of the ground, especially towards the front--maybe integrate into the green a bit more?

Yeh i know i really need to sort out the river in general, and make it into something more interesting. Will keep this going and see how it goes, thanks very much!
:)