Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Pandamonic's Finished Artwork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, welcome to my finished art thread! Thank you for stopping by. Any comments, feedback, and critiques are greatly appreciated.
[Deviantart]

I'll start by posting a bunch of art assets from a game project called Pirates of the Stratosphere I’ve been working on since this February. I'm the artist for our team, Fat Panda Interactive. More details and artwork will be posted soon throughout this week. It will be available to play around May 11th. A link to play the game when it is released will be posted on our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PiratesOfTheStratosphere !

Description: “Take to the skies in this highflying, side-scrolling pirate adventure filled with ship combat, commandeering, and plundering. You are Fausto, the boldest sky pirate captain around and you will stop at nothing to get more booty! Every ship is fair game when you’re running low on resources, and the only way you can continue is to risk it all and jump ship.”

— Pirates of the Stratosphere by Fat Panda Interactive

[Image: tumblr_inline_mmagjsFztN1qz4rgp.png]

These ships have sky crystals embedded in them which allow them to levitate through the air. They were very fun to design. I would've liked to have put even more details but they wouldn't have been visible in the game...
Looked at a lot of model ships for inspiration. This site has a lot: http://www.shipmodels.com.ua/

[Image: tumblr_mmir4buSJr1qjygy1o1_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mmir4buSJr1qjygy1o2_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mmir4buSJr1qjygy1o3_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mmir4buSJr1qjygy1o4_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mmir4buSJr1qjygy1o5_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mmir4buSJr1qjygy1o6_1280.png]
(will post more soon)
[attachment=23590]
In a world where all of civilization exists in the sky, Aerocite crystals are an expensive commodity, as levitation is one of their properties, so they are frequently used to sustain large airships.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: tumblr_mn46lm1uCY1qjygy1o1_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mn46lm1uCY1qjygy1o2_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mn46lm1uCY1qjygy1o3_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mn46lm1uCY1qjygy1o4_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mn46lm1uCY1qjygy1o5_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mn46lm1uCY1qjygy1o6_1280.png]
Hot air balloons were thought to have been the first ships that took to the clouds during the Age of Aeronautic Exploration long ago. Those who cannot afford to buy Aerocite use hot air balloon technology. Merchants have switched to using hot air balloons to transport goods because the risk of being attacked by sky pirates seeking the sky crystals was too great.