Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Finished Class Assignments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: cOQDMQih.jpg]

[Image: 7glxbYTh.jpg]

[Image: SdwiPfNh.jpg]

The first three ships are from a species of space faring insects. I really love organic ship designs, so these were really fun to do especially the medium ship.

But for the next three I wanted to break out of the box and do something new.
I really like the idea of a civilization that uses magic to travel through space. So their designs reflect the fact that they don't need to base their ships off of conventional designs.
This was super fun to work on! Again the medium size ship is my favorite of the three.

[Image: fSa2e07h.jpg]

[Image: lwrol0Oh.jpg]

[Image: OgyQiAah.jpg]

If you have any comments and suggestions please let me know! I would love to hear them!
Thanks for taking a look at my work!
I'd love to see more! Awesome rockbuildingthings! And that first spaceshipthing is also very good :D
(05-25-2013, 03:58 AM)Dana Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love to see more! Awesome rockbuildingthings! And that first spaceshipthing is also very good :D

Thanks so much! More work is definitely on the way! Party
hey, really nice work :D These pic have a lot of energy!
Where do you study? :D
(06-22-2013, 06:35 PM)SplIDsecond Wrote: [ -> ]hey, really nice work :D These pic have a lot of energy!
Where do you study? :D

Thanks so much! It makes me super glad to hear you like them! :D

I study at California State University Channel Islands! It's a nice school! The school is only ten years old but its some great teachers and it's a beautiful campus. I mostly chose it because it's not too far from where I live.

JasonClarkDesign22

Great sketchbook work, nice line to. Glad you having a great education I did not lol. How long does it take you per image?
(06-25-2013, 10:09 PM)JasonClarkDesign22 Wrote: [ -> ]Great sketchbook work, nice line to. Glad you having a great education I did not lol. How long does it take you per image?

Thanks dude! I appreciate it! :)

I would say that it took me about 2-3 hours per picture. They were a lot of fun to work on!

[Image: LB2n1yh.jpg]

Title: Canyon Raider

New piece! Done for one of the contests they have going on at CgHub! Head over and vote for me if you feel like it!
Hey man, good job!

I think you can experiment with separating your pictorial elements (canyon raider, environment, sky and moon and snow) into different zones of value and play around with the relationships.

I did a paintover to show you what I mean.

[attachment=26412]
(06-27-2013, 02:46 PM)anzhou Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man, good job!

I think you can experiment with separating your pictorial elements (canyon raider, environment, sky and moon and snow) into different zones of value and play around with the relationships.

I did a paintover to show you what I mean.

That looks amazing dude! Thanks so much for taking the effort to paint over my piece. I really appreciate it.

I will definitely have to take more time to consider the relationship of the pictorial elements for future pieces. I really left the lighting waaaaaaay to ambiguous in this piece.

And that crisp and clear moon is something I really should have gone out of my way to put into the piece. It looks delicious.

Thanks again for the help! It means a lot to me!