Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: critic/advice/guidance need
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i think the composition i getting a bit messy,
Hey man, Can you tell us what it is meant to be? A poster, graphic design, character concept etc. It's hard to crit this as it is.
(05-30-2013, 06:17 PM)monkeybread Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man, Can you tell us what it is meant to be? A poster, graphic design, character concept etc. It's hard to crit this as it is.

hey monkeybread :)

it will be to stamp on a t-shirt, a facebook banner, its not a concept, more like a graphic design, thanks man!
Oh ok, well at the moment it's in really early stages. For the most part it is just dark
Shape with a skull and some gears. There still isn't a lot to crit to be honest. It isn't really very clear what the connection between the gears and the skull is, and I find it confusing why he has a spike through his mouth. I guess a purely decorative design doesn't have to have narrative or follow standard illustrative guidelines or meaning but surely it can't hurt to think about it. It is also pretty symmetrical atm as well so maybe adding more interest to the comp asymmetrically would help? I don't know man I'm actually at a loss, usually I have something useful to add but I think maybe it would be better if you developed this a bit further and asked again when you have something more to go on.?
ok man!thank you very much!