Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Heres some of my works.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So here is some stuff ive done the last few years. some for industry, some just for fun. Will hopefully start to post in the sketchbook when i do some new stuff.

and some more techy stuff:

SpectreX

Wow, very nice concepts, designs and art pieces!
Can I ask what company/ies you work(ed) for?
hey, cheers man.

yea, i worked for Travellers tales for a long while doin lego stuff, then worked at atomhawk design , which is like the massive black of the UK, did some work for marvel, monolith , nether realm, a lot for warner bros stuff, microsoft game studios, nintendo, sony, sega, sumo digital, prolly a few more im forgetting. currently working for a small inde dev called playdemic at the mo.

SpectreX

Wow, sweet!
Those are a few I dream of one day doing a job for ^^
This is excellent work! I'm impressed with the polished look of your art. I particularly like the pistol design with the wood grain texture and those tiny nicks and scratches--very convincing as a real gun! How did you manage such realistic details? And those modernized versions of WW2 rifles is also superb.

I'm going to strive for this level of professionalism from now on! Now I'm motivated! I'll get something uploaded by tonight.
(06-09-2013, 06:04 AM)Eric Wrote: [ -> ]This is excellent work! I'm impressed with the polished look of your art. I particularly like the pistol design with the wood grain texture and those tiny nicks and scratches--very convincing as a real gun! How did you manage such realistic details? And those modernized versions of WW2 rifles is also superb.

I'm going to strive for this level of professionalism from now on! Now I'm motivated! I'll get something uploaded by tonight.

Thank you. As to how to get your work to a certain level of polish/finish, its just practise practise practise. That wood bit on the gun is a texture overlay then i painted over it to get it looking right with teh rest of the gun. the rest is all hand painted using defualt brushes in PS. just about starting simple and keep layering on detail. Always good to have ref close to hand when doing high detail images like that too.

Andromonoid

Awesome designs, moondoodles. Nice work man, you got good values and colors in your work. I really like the reimagined design for the Martian from The War of the Worlds, creepy! And the dropship kicks ass, it really looks big and heavy as a dropship should, although I am not sure, does it have 2 pilots sitting beside eachother? The "Blockade" is something I would like to carry around in a duke-nuk'em like game and I can just imagine the recoil and bang from that sucker as I slaughter big alien monsters with it haha! Awesome!
(06-10-2013, 07:04 PM)Andromonoid Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome designs, moondoodles. Nice work man, you got good values and colors in your work. I really like the reimagined design for the Martian from The War of the Worlds, creepy! And the dropship kicks ass, it really looks big and heavy as a dropship should, although I am not sure, does it have 2 pilots sitting beside eachother? The "Blockade" is something I would like to carry around in a duke-nuk'em like game and I can just imagine the recoil and bang from that sucker as I slaughter big alien monsters with it haha! Awesome!

Thank you. yea the martian came out good, i was using the description from the book, trynna honour it and be contempary too. the dropship, yea, i love big chunky dropships :) when i was designing it i figured that the gunnar would be in the bowles of the ship, kinda like ac 130 gunners, have a seperate control panel. and yea, the blockade. its supposed to be an small anti vehicle assualt rifle, the military usually use .50 cal snipers for that so wanted that amount of firepower in a smaller more lightweight frame. but you can gib aliens with it too :)

also, for fans of teh dropship, you may want to boomark this link. its getting made into a model for sale, can own your own :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...=1&theater