Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Digital painting stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Iggie

Hey Daggers! I decided to start doodling around digital painting for some time and this is my first serious attempt at it... Rate it, criticize it, help me get better!
It's a painting of a late "Woods of Ypres singer" - David Gold.

[attachment=24785]
R.I.P David!

Iggie

A painting of one of my favorite sell-swords ever... Ser Bronn!
I was quite lazy considering the background, but it tells his story pretty well, so... Wildfire!

Ser Bronn of the Blackwater

[attachment=24928]
Pretty nice. But notice that face have more than two values. It's actually full of colours. Reds, violets, pinks, even greens and blues. I like the eyes. They look ok, but could be a little darker.

Iggie

(06-08-2013, 10:02 AM)Typhon Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty nice. But notice that face have more than two values. It's actually full of colours. Reds, violets, pinks, even greens and blues. I like the eyes. They look ok, but could be a little darker.

Thanks for your reply, Typhon! :) Yup, it has, but I kinda like it that way... But, I'll have that in mind. I'm still a beginner in this sort of stuff.
(06-08-2013, 05:47 PM)Iggie Wrote: [ -> ]Yup, it has, but I kinda like it that way... But, I'll have that in mind. I'm still a beginner in this sort of stuff.

I think this will help you understand why face should have more hues
http://gurneyjourney.blogspot.com/2008/0...-face.html
"There’s reason behind this. The central zone of the face has more capillaries carrying oxygenated blood near the surface. The forehead, by contrast, is much more free of muscles and red blood cells. And the chin, especially on a man with a black beard, is bluish from the microscopic hairs. Around the lips are relatively more veins carrying blue deoxygenated blood."

Iggie

A birthday present I made for a close friend of mine...

[attachment=25423]

Iggie

One unlucky Goblin fellow...
Finally finished it... Put a lot of effort in the whole background to tell its story...

[attachment=27691]
I think you could put a lot more work into this one. You should study some cave works from artists to get some ideas. As for the blue highlights, you can be a little more daring with them. Anyway, cool works! Do you have a DC sketchbook?

Iggie

(07-13-2013, 10:05 AM)Rognoll Wrote: [ -> ]I think you could put a lot more work into this one. You should study some cave works from artists to get some ideas. As for the blue highlights, you can be a little more daring with them. Anyway, cool works! Do you have a DC sketchbook?

Thanks for the advice and constructive criticism... Yeah, I have a DC sketchbook... Haven't update it for a while though...

http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3094.html