Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Get in it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

arden

Hey dudes, gonna try and track my studies and sketches here! Goal is making it in freelance, same as most everyone else here I suppose. Here's some recent work, the point I'm trying to improve from:

[attachment=24838]
[attachment=24839]
[attachment=24840]

Some recent hand studies. There's a bunch more of these on my blog, been really trying to focus on them lately:

[Image: Mx16C5b.jpg]

Quick(ish) 90 minute armor study from Game of Thrones! A show I haven't actually seen, that has amazing designs.

[Image: Kh6J3fb.jpg]

Repin colour study, tryin to get better at skin tones:
[Image: i5Zf0nr.jpg]

Fun imagination painting (applying the skin colours from the above):
[Image: mO2sGQl.jpg]

Sketch that's probably going nowhere:
[Image: 3m4gdeS.jpg]
Great start, hope to see this updated a lot!
this is seriously awesome, really inspiring.
If you cant make it as freelance then the rest of us are doomed.
I agree with atrentr, keep this updated :)
I love your style, this is so inspiring and beautiful. I love this last character.
Keep up with good work :D I can't wait to see new stuff.
Have fun : )
Wow girl, what I see so far is definitely ready for the freelance biz when it comes to bookcovers and card illustrations. Have you tried applying for things such as: Cryptozoic, Moonga and Fantasy Flight games?

Keep on posting I'd love to keep track of you :)

ps your top image.. OMG! <3
WOW ! Amazing stuff here ! Like Eduardo said if you can't make it as a feelance then we won't ever hahaha !
Anyway, good luck and can't wait to see more of your awesome work :) !
Oh my. Good stuff, real good stuff. Imma keep an eye on this thread. More please.

You'll have no problem getting freelance work, sir.
love your stuff! Really a pleasure to look at :D hoping to see more from you
Really inspiring! I like it alot!
I've seen much worse artists succesfully freelancing. Have you showed you portfolio to any company yet? I mean, you've got some sick stuff, man!

arden

Cheers for the support everybody! I have sent my portfolio around to the companies mentioned, as well as a couple others (except Cryptozoic, haven't tried them yet!). The only ones I heard back from are WotC and FFG. WotC told me I'm "on file" and I'm not sure how likely that is to translate into work or in what time frame. I am actually doing work for FFG now! I'm also working for a Melbourne games company and other odds and ends (private commissions). Just doesn't total up to bills paid yet. But I've not been doing it very long. These applications that I didn't hear back on at all were about a month ago.

Anyways, later update than I was hoping! Not in the habit yet. :0 Also not a ton to show, client stuff stacking up a bit.

More hands:
[Image: rbjytZz.jpg]

Did some more on that lady! This was really fun. :)
[Image: my4o3qjl.jpg]

Actually worked more on that earlier crappy sketch, just used it to try out some things. Gonna let it go now.
[Image: Ug2UKIg.jpg]

Sketch for the ArtOrder Tank Girl challenge! Really hoping I can get this done on time. I wanted to do a bit of an Ash Wood inspired vertical composition. Not at dynamic as what he can do with limbs and machinery but I think it's gonna be really fun to finish. Sub Girl, Tank Girl, and Jet Girl!
[Image: AH2e9ob.jpg]
Stunning work! That blue-ish character especially is so hauntingly beautiful, with an almost undead vibe.