Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Bloodsports #5 - Howl's Moving Castle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Supposed to be a cross and diamond shaped composition :)

[Image: howls-comp.jpg]
It's a nice composition, unsure about who the characters are though I'm sure you know.

I say either sketch out a few more compositions if you aren't really satisfied, otherwise just start to define form.

Looking good!
Yeah I did quite a few thumbnails before settling on this one, I've changed things a little bit since. Here's is where I'm at now.

[Image: howls-comp2.jpg]
awe man ! you worked in the planes im trying to figure that out right now but htis is lookin good man

Benjah

nice comp!! i really want to see the finish work
The bottom half has a sweet look to it, but the top half I'm not feeling. Usually when you see a movie poster you'll next to never see a red sky. In this case I think it's really setting a different mood than you may want.

Just my 2 cents.
I'm not too into all the red myself, but it's a scene from the movie with battleships against a red sky. I've tried to break it up a bit, the characters behind Howl and Sophie are the witch and those blob men, they're gonna have blue under lighting. Did a really quick sky study too.

[Image: red-cloud-study.jpg]

[Image: howls-comp3.jpg]
oh my its getting fancy!!!! lol cant wait for the finished product!! one of my favs so far!