Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Panama66's Sketchbook-majig
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

panama66

Alright this migration to Crimson Daggers begins now. Honestly, it's because I'm sick of CA.org's constant downtime. So here goes nothing. And I'm gonna be need help. A lot of help.
Please do feel free to comment and critique and share your thoughts on how this guy can improve.

Help.

Studies of art on the CgHub frontpage.

[attachment=25846]
[attachment=25847]
[attachment=25848]

panama66

Head/face study

panama66

I'm at this phase now: Paint > This is crap > Delete > Rinse & Repeat

panama66

panama66

Some Metro Last Light stuff you got going on there.

Remember to pay attention to anatomy when painting human figures in armor suits, some of the neat designs look a bit funny because the proportions of the character are slightly off.

pkom

Hi Panama66, I just migrated from ConceptArt as well!
Nice sketchbook you got there! I'm really digging your environmental art, did you do more of those by any chance? I love your ductus in those. Your other work looks great too, however, there's a thing I think you could play around with more - Your value range doesn't seem to be that wide, try adding more shadow and distinct highlights. (Definitely make it darker, though, before coloring it)

panama66

Hey, thanks for the advice. Trying to push my values this time.
@pkom: Thanks. Learnt a lot from Shaddy Safadi's vid tutorial. Im trying to focus more on my character work for now.

[attachment=26881]
[attachment=26882]
[attachment=26883]
[attachment=26884]

panama66

panama66

Spent the last few days working on these
[attachment=27526]

panama66

Head study and piece
[attachment=27640]
[attachment=27639]

panama66

Couldn't help myself.
[attachment=27950]

panama66

Over the course of 3 days. Gotta pick up the slack.
[attachment=28088]
I think we should make a fan club of members who moved here from CA, haha. You have a pretty good start here! Keep it up, I'd love to see more!

panama66

The eyes seem a little off on her. Her right eye, the one on the left, could be moved down some on her face. Otherwise, it's pretty good. Her robot-y pieces look nice.

panama66

Thanks for the crit. Guess I have way more ahead of me.

Warm-up sketch + lighting experiment
[attachment=28321]
[attachment=28322]

panama66

panama66

Updating less since school has re-started. At least that's what I tell myself.
Started from a silhouette as opposed to lineart.
[attachment=28781]

panama66

In between assignments
[attachment=29186]
Pages: 1 2