Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: New BloodSport Comp Question..?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Elijah

In Dan's requirements he states that it must nit be in anime style. Does this rule out all cartoon/animation style? example Shrek, finding nemo etc..?

like cartoon feel characters with a semi realistic render.. is that cool?

If anyone could help me out here that would be awesome!
Thanks

Mattias Fahlberg

I belive you can use whatever style you like as long as it isn't Anime.
It is a vague distinction. Anime is influenced by western cartoons so I would avoid a cartoony/ Disney take also just to be safe... Don't provoke the wrath of the dreadded davedan :-)

Mattias Fahlberg

(01-31-2012, 08:20 AM)Sprayah Wrote: [ -> ]It is a vague distinction. Anime is influenced by western cartoons so I would avoid a cartoony/ Disney take also just to be safe... Don't provoke the wrath of the dreadded davedan :-)

True that!

Deiv Calviz

I believe they said it could cater to a younger audience like you can make it cuter.. so I think pixar-ish look is ok. The thing to avoid is the big eyed cell shaded flat colors type in anime. :)
Pkmike is doing a cartoony style, it's fine.
I agree completely ! To me , Anime(s) are like "manga" to animation or shows like dragon ball z, naruto , bleach, etc. 2D noses big eyes andspikey hair! Goulish things that u can poke an eye out on. But yeah! I think its just the Goal of "remarketing" the product for another audience. I'm having difficulty right now on mine because im attempting a realistic but comic book ish style. Much like "young justice" or avengers earth's mightiest heroes. :D

Mattias Fahlberg

(02-07-2012, 02:08 PM)joerdenleigh Wrote: [ -> ]I agree completely ! To me , Anime(s) are like "manga" to animation or shows like dragon ball z, naruto , bleach, etc. 2D noses big eyes andspikey hair! Goulish things that u can poke an eye out on. But yeah! I think its just the Goal of "remarketing" the product for another audience. I'm having difficulty right now on mine because im attempting a realistic but comic book ish style. Much like "young justice" or avengers earth's mightiest heroes. :D

Interesting choice of style. If it's done right It can look extremly good! But be sure to insert some of your own "style" also. :) Can't wait to see the final result.