Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: beep boop sketch!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

inkmech

Hello, I'm new here. Figured a sketchbook is a good place to start. Trying to do these daily and get as much posting feedback goodness as possible! Here is a start. Tried working on an interior with some hard surfaces to get outside my comfort zone.

[Image: 062613+sketch.jpg]
Welcome, Nice start :).

Pamspam

Nice! Really atmospheric, love the use of texture.

inkmech

Thanks Pamspam and OtherMuzz
Here's todays sketch. Wrong universe...err.

[Image: 062713+sketch.jpg]

inkmech

This place is amazing! So much work going up all over the place. I feel like I could spend a lifetime here. Anyway here's the sketch for today.
[Image: 062813+sketch.jpg]

inkmech

Trying to work with more saturated color.

[Image: 062913+sketch.jpg]

inkmech

added more, moving on to another piece for later tonight.

[Image: 062913+sketch+2.jpg]

inkmech

glitchy walk
[Image: 063013+sketch+2.jpg]

inkmech

Today's painting.

[Image: 070113.jpg]

inkmech

Today's stuff.

[Image: 070213_2.jpg]
Hey man, looks like it's all coming along.

Why don't you try spending some more time on your work, speedpainting is great for learning colours, but it avoids learning the nitty gritty technical stuff that you learn from taking your time.

inkmech

Thanks for the feedback OtherMuzz. I have been doing these shorter studies because i have a really bad habit of fully rendering the whole piece with to much detail and flattening out my work. I'll keep what you said in mind though and try to push more finish into these pieces! Thanks for the advice.

inkmech

WIP, trying to push farther. Will finish tomorrow.

[Image: 070313.jpg]
Hi, welcome to CD.
I really like your style so far, colors look nice, a bit soft,but thats good.
Can't wait to see more. Have fun : D

inkmech

Toxic: Thanks yo!
here's today
[Image: 070413.jpg]

inkmech

Mech Puncher travels to the oil soaked robot sex paradise to dispense some pugilism, and more! Forgot to post.....derp.

[Image: 070713.jpg]

[Image: 070513.jpg]

[Image: 070813.jpg]

[Image: 070913_3_sml.jpg]
hey man. ambitious work on that last painting.

I think it's showing up a big problem that exists though. Look at the windows of that jet, they don't follow the form properly. You should try and be more accurate with it!

[Image: 7K4zB.jpg]

inkmech

(07-13-2013, 03:49 PM)OtherMuzz Wrote: [ -> ]hey man. ambitious work on that last painting.

I think it's showing up a bit problem that exists though. Look at the windows of that jet, they don't follow the form properly. You should try and be more accurate with it!

[Image: 7K4zB.jpg]

Solid feedback. Thanks!