Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: The Awful Forest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

aviaht

So yeah! I have no idea what I'm doing! I was doing this speedpaint and everything was going decently, but poof, all of a sudden the wolf looks horribly 2D and makes an incredibly boring focal point, the tree limbs aren't incredibly exciting, and the depth is flat!

How I've wronged the forest gods. :O

[Image: GEkFEAC.jpg]
Hey aviaht,

With a few simple tweaks you can bring your piece to a whole new level.

Add some hints of color here and there. All you had was black blue and white.
There's usually going to be some hints of green, orange, brown etc.
Try and experiment with that.

Set off your wolf a bit more against the background using shadows and rimlight and again some color. (it can be more subtle than I did here)

Maybe add some critters in the foreground watching the wolf to give the piece a bit more of a narrative.

Hope that helps :-)

aviaht

Oh man thanks! The wolf looks so much better! This is actually my first post to this board :D Do I keep submitting images in this thread for progress?

Oh my god that wolf though.

It actually has a nose.
I actually didn't change that much to the wolf, just added some light on top. :-)

You can add more progress on the wolf piece here yeah, If you're planning on adding a whole lot of pictures, you might want to check out the sketchbook section.

Glad to be of help.
Take care