Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Hey everyone!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Daggers!

My name is David Metzger, I am a hungarian concept artist wannabe/student. I came across drawing when I was 12-13 yrs old, my main inspiration were comic books and fantasy/sci-fi book covers, RPG game illustrations back then. After high school I went to an "art university-preparatory" school, but was very disappointed in the ways of art teaching, and turned my back on the whole thing for a while.
After floating around for a couple of years as a musician (I am also a rock/metal drummer) I realised that this is my way to go, this is what I have the most talent in (and what I love doing the most) so I started teaching myself via tutorials, DVDs, etc.
A couple of months ago I started attending a concept art course in a local media school, and am very fortunate beacuse it is a load of inspiration to me :)
So here I am, wanting to learn as much as possible, contacting people, having meaningful conversations, listening to critiques, opinions, suggestions, and giving some useful ones if possible as well :)

,\m/
Hey David! Welcome to the daggers!

Awwww man I love the drums! If there was one instrument I would learn, without a doubt it'd be drums :)
Its understandable why you didn't warm to that "art university-preparatory" school... a preparation class/school for an art uni/college? Whoa haha
Fantastic to hear you've already been teaching yourself the ropes and that you're self-disciplined!
Looking forward to checking out your work and ooh you should join the CD Google Hangout for sure!
You can access it via Wolkenfel's awesome livestream app (if you haven't already heard about it)
http://livestreamstatuslist.appspot.com/

D&Ming, listening to critiques and cracking jokes while painting with other artists might be what you're looking for!

Haha hope you enjoy your stay and let's kick some ass!
Hey! Thx for the kind words, will try the hangout stuff for sure!! :)