Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Fedodika the Koala
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aww yeeeeeaaaaa I'm digging those skull studies Fedodika! I hope they were as nice for your learning as they are nice to look at :)

Woo! I like the concepts behind these last two pieces! The top one I find is very alluring o:

Mm, for critz I would say - in general, even the most dull of subject matters can look unbelievaballs if the form has been rendered like a boss. It's all about those simple 3D objects - the geometry that is the structure of everything we see in our world - spheres, cubes, cylinders, cones - interlocking into the other till each individual form comes together to create a unified structure e.g the human figure or a lamp o.O etc. I believe that's one thing that's really going to take your art to the next level! :D

Oh and maybe try working on representing the differences in different types of materials? E.g fur vs. Reptile scales or skin

I hope that helps in some way!
Keep it up as always!! :D
You seem to do a really good amount of studies to work towards improving.
I'll make sure to come here regularly to see how you're doing =)
hey thanks guys! i creep here but i post alot on other forums especially sycra.net; i guess i could leave a few of my recent works thoug! thanks smurf on finding the top one very "alluring"! i put like 2 days into that and it's great to hear someone liked it! thank you! i think i'll try to upload in better quality there is a TON of detail that got murdered in the upload :/

Full res http://imgur.com/gallery/X8bV61D/new

Come to think of it on the materials things, i spend way too much time on skin and i need to do some studies of reptiles and scales and such, so awesome idea! really most the things i make are terrible so i dont post em here, maybe i should just but it's just more uploading and i'd rather get back to work

thanks raedrob, i hope im improving and thanks for the kind words!

http://www.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php...&start=180 you can see my progress from day 1 here haha
Dayum Fedodika, dayum

I spent ages just going through your sketchy over at Sycra.net -- daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum!
Talk about hardworking!!
Yep, the improvement is soo obvious now - though I'm still peeved that you don't post all your stuff here >_>"

This last piece looks pretty sweet! I just feel it needs more contrast to give it that extra POP! :D
Keep it comiiiinggggg Th_100_!
thanks smurf! i appreciate your comment so much! we started around the same time which is funny and i'd say we're around the same level which is crazy; we can get there if we just keep burnin all them cylinders it's gonna pay off!
Haha nice stuff man you should post more, you've got an interesting imagination, I like them weird....animal....things on the last post of page 1, also like that armor study.
I agree with smurfette though some of this stuff does need a bit more contrast.
You should really post some recent work here. As a crit I think you could use some sharper edges in your painting, mostly in the points of interest.
Thanks for stopping by my sb. Will try to implement. stop by soon again to see more rendered stuff ^^

And it would be cool to see some recent stuff, I know posting can be a pain, but it will be awesome to look back in a few years!
As a crit I would say your stuff could use a wider value range and some hard vs soft elements. Good job on the work so far!
eyyy guys thanks for the kind words and stuff you can see all my recent stuff here
http://www.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php...&start=280

i wanna "finish" my journey out on the sycra forum because i feel i owe it to them :)

this sb always gets tagged every now and then so i'll just leave some recent things i did lol :D

http://ksfedodika.deviantart.com/ this is my DA, you can follow me if you really wanna

See ya around!
Nice start to your sketchbook here mang. As a crit, would suggest more anatomy/structure studies, I think they would help a lot. Hope you keep goin with the updatess, don't stop! You should post here as much as you do on Sycra's forum (we won't tell on you)
SCREW U PNATE mln>.<

but naw, thanks dude i'll try to do the things you mentioned; rn i'm just gonna focus on more structure and finishing abilites since i need that the most. i need you to kick my ass on occasion anyways lol

plz don't tell tho i will get in lots of truble Wisecracker

here is a sgt study, an app, hand application from hampton, some foxy feet and a wip. i did some thumbnails for the thing i'd like to see which one you think would be best to render. its a girl with kinda bdsm final fantasy n bat wings costume stealing dragon eggs real original right?? .______.
the gestures are from imagination and the last is a WIP!
erryday
gonna do some lucian freud studies soon to get me outta this rut i feel like i'm in. also workin on a pencil portrait for a relative i'll upload a pic when finished :)
lucian freud study of "head of a big man" was very challenging and i did it no justice but i learned tons!
here's a thing!
have a sammich!
wip and some 1 hr studies top left after olly lawson/tehmeh
lol these are embarassing haha