Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Fedodika the Koala
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Solid improvements man. Getting those edges down so good. Really like where your rending style is headed too!
Dannnnnng I'm really digging your rendering style! Also your more stylized faces/caricatures -- would love to see you push these to paint! Great job!
corey: thanks man! I'm just tryin to do it right >.>

Vlada: hey thanks :) I would, people seem to really like my exaggerations and stuff, maybe because i spent a lot of time early on doing it... I'll probably  end up doing it more down the line, we'll see :) I did some watercolor caricatures of some current US politicians and my family really liked them but i don't have a camera to shoot them so :>

K guys i'm just gonna sell out and paint like all those awesome asian artists lol; gonna be much more focused on design this month! I had a cool idea for this first one, but it didn't turn out as cool as i imagined in the sketch so i kinda scrapped it :/. something about the composition wasn't as strong, but owell hehe
gonna be doin a lot of drawing this month and a daily painted study for no more than an hour or two :) gotta good idea for a folio piece, stay tuned :)
Those caricatures cracked me up, way to go!
Hey man cool stuff!!

Design is a hard beast to tackle. Something to keep in mind: the appeal of design is not in how many details you can toss in (which is easy to gather from Applibot's stylistic choices at the first glance h e h), but in how you use them.

http://nadiaenis.deviantart.com/art/Clot...1-81940312

My advice: start smaller! Make your thumbnails literally thumbnail-sized and get things to read from there, details will come later. Details need to spread like fractals from the main structure of your designs. You can't make a tree with all branches and no trunk!

I think this is something that's missing from your work to me in general; you have beautiful rendering but your shapes are lost in how much stuff you try to put together. Limit and time yourself, force yourself to design faster and use thicker, bolder shapes. Your exaggerations work because you aren't hesitant with where you place your strokes. Keep it up!
Keep pushing and working hard! Not much else to say really-- Loving the draped nude lady, and the raven! Thumbs_up
Cat: thx bro keep bein a cat dude :)

Vlada: hey thanks for showing that to me, it really made me look at people's work differently... I actually feel very fortunate for you pointing that out i just realize i really love the details and rendering of stuff, but i am trying to get more into bigger shape designs. thanks again :)

Bookend: thanks yo :) stay sharp bro

This last piece took... a long time. I tried using photo textures, then blurring them and trying to simplify the blobs as brush strokes, it was kinda educational :). probably over 20 hrs, idk i learn so much just bangin these out and doin studies and stuff to try and make them look nice. I feel im definitely headed down an illustration path over concept art or whatever. I'm gonna try to be more of myself, so expect more pale girls with optional clothes ;)

If there's something seriously wrong with you and you are interested in how i work, i have steps for the last image on my FB

https://www.facebook.com/Fedodika
most of these are speedpaintings/brush experiments, i was worried my brushwork was getting too tame and airbrushey
Stupid
Woo hooo! I can tell you're having so much funnn! YES.

The latest piece is difficult to tell precisely what it is, though, but I like it. Shinyyy thiinnggs. Grin
bookend: Thanks bud! it is a helmet :)

Been studying a bit from KingKostas, the first third and fourth are after his works

He has some hi res stuff in his recent pieces http://kingkostas.deviantart.com/gallery/
Really cool guy btw
Kostas is the best In love super cool guy and so hardworking it makes me cry

The day you nail structure is the day you nail life, Fedodika <3

Keep blastinggggg more in my face :)
ey mister Koala, still working hard as usual ;).
Yeah Kingkostas is great.
I really like that clown dancing girl(only way I can describe it XD), you posted a few updates back. I think maybe you should try working on values some more i'm by no means an expert but alot of your stuff seems to rely alot on very soft airbrush light shading and I think it might detract from the form sometimes, as said though i'm not an expert on it lol plus I think I might have the opposite problem of going too dark with values.
Psssst Fedo, if you hit some drawing construction studies I'll hit some painting stuff *v*
Smrr: my abaabababababa <3 yeshsh I've been drawing some more symetrical perspective things lately, hopefully that will show in the post after this!

Triggerpig: yea man, i do really brushy stuff in my studies but when it comes down to imagination it tends to be more airbushey because i suppose im more comfortable with that; i will try making them more brushey i suppose!

Vic: Been doin it all day maybe all week!
It looks like those black and white value studies did wonders to your work! Maybe you should do more of them!

Pretty cool stuff you got there, keep it up!
The improvement is strong in this update bby boy!

You seemed to have switched up your brushstrokes in that study and they're lookin' gooooooooooood :D

And woo! This chick! Keep riding her! (by which I mean working on her ;) )

<3 <3
Rhasdra: Thanks! I'm not sure which black/white studies you're talking about, but yea i definitely did a lot of those early on!

Smrr: oooh yea, she's a bad girl! hehe, I'm tired of lookin at her though, too generic! Lub u 2 deth 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S8Iz0mGs_U

Heres some stuff trying no opacity for a while to get rid of that airbrushey look, also studying more structure as a few of you have suggested, though all that is lost in scribbly pieces of paper!
Holy shit yaaaaaaaaaassssssss

Keep doing more of these flat colour no pen pressure studies bebz. Also add some no pressure brush strokes top your current work and you'll be like "why didn't I try this before?" lol

<3 :D :D