Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Food ilustration!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello, I'm doing this illustration for unconventional cookbook, and this is the recipe that I got to make

"dear son, I leave a recipe to cook...
Asparagus Omelette
ingredients:
2 eggs.
100 g of cooked asparagus tips.
1 tablespoon of butter.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Preparation:
The studs are cut into small pieces and place in a bowl along with the eggs and beat well.
In a pan put butter on the fire and when hot place the cooked eggs, lower the heat and salt & pepper.
Cook over medium low heat bending the tortilla should be very tender.
Should browning on both sides."

[Image: 1062050_593747137314062_224889546_n.jpg?...11cf573996]
Hey oxiso,

Did a paintover of your painting.

First thing I noticed was that the hand wasn't really holding the egg.
If he just dropped it, I'd put the hand up higher. Added some more shade to show that he's actually holding it.

Then, the face, you should push your cast shadows a little more.
The top eyelids will cast shadow, the nose will cast some shadow, the lips that way will cast shadow.

I didn't touch the ears, because I thought that was a style choice to make them nearly pendicular with the head. In normal ears, that'll be in a 20-30 degree angle and not 90 ;-)

Looks fun though, just a few more tweaks and you'll be done :-)
(07-03-2013, 05:38 AM)DoubleThink Wrote: [ -> ]Hey oxiso,

Did a paintover of your painting.

First thing I noticed was that the hand wasn't really holding the egg.
If he just dropped it, I'd put the hand up higher. Added some more shade to show that he's actually holding it.

Then, the face, you should push your cast shadows a little more.
The top eyelids will cast shadow, the nose will cast some shadow, the lips that way will cast shadow.

I didn't touch the ears, because I thought that was a style choice to make them nearly pendicular with the head. In normal ears, that'll be in a 20-30 degree angle and not 90 ;-)

Looks fun though, just a few more tweaks and you'll be done :-)

Thanks! i like what you done with the hand
Are you wanting to keep the exaggerated facial features? The hair makes me think it's supposed to look like a cartoon.

I only ask because if it's supposed to look exaggerated I wouldn't want to do a paintover and make it look more realistic.
(07-04-2013, 06:48 AM)Mike086 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you wanting to keep the exaggerated facial features? The hair makes me think it's supposed to look like a cartoon.

I only ask because if it's supposed to look exaggerated I wouldn't want to do a paintover and make it look more realistic.

the idea is to look like a grotesc cartoon