Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Matrix Book of Scribbles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I'm not really sure what to start off with, so I'll just upload something I sketched the other night.

Other than that, I usually bunch up a lot of sketches on the same canvas rather than on separate layers while drawing in MyPaint since I don't have to worry about the size of the canvas.

Any who, I look forward to posting here.Party
1 of 2 for from earlier... The second I don't plan on posting here.
I don't know why, but it feels like I do one good thing and the rest I just revert on. Ugh...Sad
A random nude study while i tried to wake up and get my comic pages in order.

Minor NSFW warnings.
Sorry about being inactive here as of late. Things have been up and down and I feel like my skills are constantly getting worse.

Anyway, here's some of the stuff I've done lately. Minor NSFW warning on the 3rd image (scrap101_b-1) as it's not something everyone is into.
do some portrait some gesture study and some hand study and try to stay away from sketchy line
(08-06-2013, 12:03 AM)darktiste Wrote: [ -> ]do some portrait some gesture study and some hand study and try to stay away from sketchy line

I'm working on that.Thinking

In the meantime, here are some updates. Mostly gestural sketches. I'm also tempted to upload some older stuff from before my mood, "confidence", or head space dropped off the deep end. Sigh...
I'm not dead, but I'm apparently not drawing as much as I had originally planned.Shock

Anyway, I figured I could upload something. And, yes, I'm still trying to get back to the basics. Thinking
I guess this is all I seem to be able to draw lately.Sad

Drawn in mypaint
Drew something different today.Party I may have to experiment with this a bit more.
Testing something out with ink/line weights. Reference for this comes from Charligal-Stock
You mug, I didn't know you posted here!?
Yeah, I post here from time to time. I just need to be more prolific in doing so. And, I didn't know you posted here either. :p
(09-08-2013, 08:57 PM)AyaneMatrix Wrote: [ -> ]Testing something out with ink/line weights. Reference for this comes from Charligal-Stock

This most recent one feels like a big improvement; I think you might be close to leveling up.
If I can draw that way without using a reference, then that would be awesome. :D

I have a ways to go before that happens. Thanks for the input though. ;)
Look, dont get down on yourself about your work, youre at the foot hills of a very high mountain and just like you I have a tendancy to try to skip ahead, its bit me right in the ass now so do take the time to do your gestures, and your basic figure studies. Watch some Proko on Youtube if you haven't yet and you will begin to improve, you might not see it, but everyone else will. Good luck and get back to work :D
Figured I'd post an update. It's been a while since the last time I've been here.
Just a bit of an art dump.
Here's a bit of some live model drawing session sketches and some pose idea ones.

After looking at some of these, I think I need to draw more in my sketchbook and try to find places that have an open drawing session, something that my school does not have this year. Ugh...

And some in process class projects and sketches.
And, a rather large update/spam set.

The first 3 or so were from class for a character design sheet with your standard t-poses and an action pose. There are some wip shots of the action pose as well, but I believe that overall, the general consensus for the final piece was that I needed to push the tones in the skin more along with using darker values.

The rest are from a 7 day sketching exercise solely working on a set of 10 gesture poses at 60 seconds a piece. And, the second to last set is a combo since I missed a day and over did it a few times in general.
Pages: 1 2