Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Julian's Artwork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

JulianKok

Hi all, I'm Julian and I'm from Malaysia currently working as a concept artist and freelance illustrator. Got to know this forum from Facebook via a few talented and amazing artist. Thought to share some work here and possible to get some feedback too, that would be appreciated.

[Image: Ch-Falconer.jpg]

[Image: Ch-mexicano.jpg]

[Image: 10A_character.jpg]

[Image: lost_temple.jpg]

[Image: En-Lost_Cathedral.jpg]
hahaha, oh man you are a badass, really good, those landscapes are so tasty.

One thing, we humans are stupid, if you put a nonrealistc face on the preview you will get less views.
Man those environments are top notch :)

I would suggest in your first image though to make the axe head less bright. its really drawing too much attention to itself, and thus away from the character

cant wait to see more stuff

JulianKok

Hi guys,

Thanks for dropping by and the feedback, Beardley. Appreciate it and I will keep that in mind for future work. :) I will try to post more fantasy character works, so feel free to give any feedback/suggestions.

*@wolfnooM : You reckon I should change the avatar?
I dont know if its called avatar, before you had a face of a little girl on the little box, when someone look at that thinks automatic that the level of that guy is the one of the preview. Oh well you know how this things work,

as for critiques, (do you really need/want them?) you are awesome but i think your anatomy and figures are not as good as your envis but you know this right? One more thing try to be more... variable? every character is a dude with a weapon, the more you do the more you are showing you can do many different stuff and that your brain is an amazing machine full of bright ideas.

Bye, take care.

JulianKok

(07-31-2013, 06:29 AM)wolfnooM Wrote: [ -> ]I dont know if its called avatar, before you had a face of a little girl on the little box, when someone look at that thinks automatic that the level of that guy is the one of the preview. Oh well you know how this things work,

as for critiques, (do you really need/want them?) you are awesome but i think your anatomy and figures are not as good as your envis but you know this right? One more thing try to be more... variable? every character is a dude with a weapon, the more you do the more you are showing you can do many different stuff and that your brain is an amazing machine full of bright ideas.

Bye, take care.

Hi again. It was a cartoon drawing, and didn't know it will give sort of impression like you've stated. Nonetheless, yea I do need crits and feedback especially now I'm more keen into doing fantasy illustration based than concept/vis dev. Thanks for your suggestion and with that, here's my new piece: [Image: SpellBook.jpg]
hey really awesome.
I love how you are explaining/showing his abibility
Ahg I need to work on this too.
(08-06-2013, 12:09 AM)JulianKok Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2013, 06:29 AM)wolfnooM Wrote: [ -> ]I dont know if its called avatar, before you had a face of a little girl on the little box, when someone look at that thinks automatic that the level of that guy is the one of the preview. Oh well you know how this things work,

Bye, take care.

Hi again. It was a cartoon drawing, and didn't know it will give sort of impression like you've stated. Nonetheless, yea I do need crits and feedback especially now I'm more keen into doing fantasy illustration based than concept/vis dev. Thanks for your suggestion and with that, here's my new piece: [Image: SpellBook.jpg]

This look really great! One thing I might point out if I can is the bullets in the foreground, if you were to add some lines in indicate that the bullet had some foreward motion and are slowing down, like streaks or motion lines indicating there direction I think it would help with the initial read on the illustration. The effects and everything are great I just think it could help describe things a bit more. Great work, can't wait to see the next.