Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Crackbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2h of art done

Thanks Jaik, I'd personally neglect school if I could, but cant really do that because I'd fail the grade and then I couldnt get into free art school. Also on some level I want to finish high school just for the sake of it. Aaaand parents, they get pretty angry when im failing in school aswell :)
But so far I am kind of enjoying the balanced schedule, there is less stress so I have a better mindset and workflow.

I have to learn how to construct faces better. I redrew this a ton, but still failed.
[attachment=41222]

So I started to study faces with loomis construction method, if Im up for it ill also add perspective and work with it.
[attachment=41223][attachment=41225]
2 hours of art done

[attachment=41442][attachment=41443]
Day 4. 1h schoolwork done, 2h artwork done.

New masterpiece, not at the level yet where I can do direct colors and not really measure.
[attachment=41557]

Decided to design the characters face, its hard. Gonna rip off some celebrity faces or something I quess.( Not literally)
[attachment=41558][attachment=41559]

[attachment=41560]
Nice sketch book! I see youre doing heads the way I use to do them. I found a way that works better at least for me. Try making a silhouette first, lower its opacity and go over that with your loomis construction lines. That way you think about it non linearly and then have a easier starting point for placing lines over top. It works nice with anything really, not just heads. Give it a try :)
Hey nice updates ;) Try to focus more on anatomy and value sketches. Simply tackle one subject at a time to make it easier to learn. Keep pushing ;)
3h art done.

Thanks Haze, tried the method and liked it.
Thanks Rama.

Finally had some progress on the character.
[attachment=41638]

1h studies
[attachment=41636][attachment=41637]
3h art done

Doing a portrait of a friend, its pretty hard to get the likeness if the ref photos are from different angles, but its vital that I learn how to construct using the info from refs.
[attachment=41740]

30min speedpaint+1h torso studies.
[attachment=41738][attachment=41739]

Also updating pensketches that I did in school.
[attachment=41741]
3h art done
1h schoolwork done

1h leg and hand anatomy studies.
[attachment=41922][attachment=41923]

[attachment=41927]
Day 9
2h art done

[attachment=42012][attachment=42013]
Hey,

Just to say I am very impressed with how your art is coming along, I've been following your progress on dA and very impressive. Loving what you've done here... too!! Keep up the amazing progress and take care

Imogen xX
2h art done
1h schoolwork done

Thanks missi.

Portrait wips
[attachment=42071][attachment=42072]

Tried to recreate my previous sketch using layers and perspective grid, kind of didnt get the same feel for it, perhaps ill return to original sketch and work ontop of it.
[attachment=42073]
Quick painting, messing around with shapes and gradients.
[attachment=42074]
2h art done

Movie thumbnails
[attachment=42186]

Did another linedrawing ontop of the old one because I wasnt happy with measurments. Got better results.
[attachment=42187]
Man, Cracked, you know... You're already working so hard and you're still in school - that I reckon you're going to be even more of a tank once you're finished!
Keep up with the application! Really liking your imaginative work
Thank you Smrr, even with school 2h a day is not enough for me, I tested my limits and got to 4h then decided to go for 5h and neglect school and got broken down.
So now im rebuilding my momentum, I can feel my power returning already, by the end of the month Ill be ready for 3h of art + schoolwork, cant really neglect it. Then off to 4h and lastly Ill try 5h again.

Mostly done with my friend portrait comission.
[attachment=42240]

quick comp sketch.
[attachment=42242]
2h done
Hi Cracked! Loving your work ethic, impressive! and you've improved so much since I last visited :)

I've noticed your studies and sketches are much easier to look at since you stopped using so much black and your linework and colours and blending are getting better and more subtle. I just wanted to say really to carry on. and perhaps study from life more? set up a still life with various different textured objects and light it in different ways. Take your time, relax etc

anyway keep it up dude :)