Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Crackbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Day 26. 3h art done

Recap.
Art done: 58/65
Schoolwork done: 9/10

Gonna set a new goal on monday, 3rd march.

[attachment=45082][attachment=45081][attachment=45080][attachment=45079][attachment=45078][attachment=45077]
Looking good man. The proportions on the loomis study are off, I think he is too wide. but the one in the top left looks better, so maybe it is just the boxes that make him look wide. You are getting better with the dynamism of the poses, but I would suggest doing an hour of 60 sec gestures, just to really nail it down faster.

Keep up the good work though :D
New goal!
DO 87 HOURS WORTH OF ART AND SCHOOLWORK COMBINED.(deadline is at the end of the month as always)
Averages 3h per day again.

Day 1: 2h art, 1h schoolwork done.

Hey Jaik, thanks for feedback, you should check the last page for more big wide loomis men :)
I think the mid-line got in my way, I started to overcompensate on the right, then tried fixing the pose and ended up making it worse, because I looked at the left and right side seperately.

Started the BS 3 entry draft. Other than that a wip lineart and postures.
[attachment=45225][attachment=45224][attachment=45226]
Solid work dude. I'd possibly watch your line work, you seem to be using a tonne of lines when only one should be necessary. Have the same problem with my work.
Niiiceee perspective work cracked!! Keep at it, no really! Perspective's da shiet!

Bloodsports entry is looking sweet so far, looking forward to seeing where you'll take it this time - lived where you took the last one, really cool stuff man!
Day 2: 3.5h art, 1h schoolwork done.

Smrrfette- Thanks, this one is a lot harder.

CoreyH- Yeah, I usually do more lines than necessary in first sketch draft, bad habit I quess. Thanks for feedback.

Did this and that.
[attachment=45288][attachment=45289][attachment=45290]

Finished the concept for bloodsports.
[attachment=45291]
Fallback on bloodsports entry, tried to get technical. but I screwed it up. Reverting back to concept and will try to build upon it.
[attachment=45286][attachment=45285][attachment=45287][attachment=45301]
Cool stuff man, your really producing a lot of work, keep it up :)
Day 5: 3.5h done

Thanks Will.

Will get back to my schedule after finishing the community challenges.
Great work, Cracked! Working hard as usual, looking forward to which thumb you go with and how these wips turn out!
Day 6: 5h done

Thanks Smrr, its good to get back into the momentum and out of the comfort again.

BS progress
[attachment=45567]

Arena progress. Modified the piece following Madzia's advice. She told me to basically emphasize the character more(I had too much city in there) and also figure out the correct timeperiod. Furthermore she helped with the statue depiction saying that I should emphasize 3 point persp more and make it look huge. Then bring in the craftsman himself more in the fray. She really helped me out there and I appreciate it :)

From oldest to newest.
[attachment=45566][attachment=45571][attachment=45569][attachment=45568]

Edit, forgot the spitpaint.
[attachment=45572]
Rock on mate!
Oh man, so much work! Looking good with all that bloodsports stuff, I already commented on that in the thread so I won't bother to repeat myself lol.

Nice job though, keep up the work, improving every day :P
Day 7: 3h art done 1h schoolwork done.

Thanks Ursula.
Appreciate it Jaik, gonna keep climbing.

Working on this mainly.
[attachment=45621]

Wip
[attachment=45620]
Day 8: 1.5h school 2h art.

[attachment=45695][attachment=45696]
That wip is really coming along. Have you searched for Mount Rushmore or Crazy Horse for reference? The Crazy Horse monument is still under construction so it would have some nice photos of demolish blasts as well for referencing the dust clouds. Theyd be good to study the faces textures and how they have that rough stone carved look.
Day 9: 2h art done

Thanks Haze, found that rough carved look on mnt rushmore. As for dustclouds, I searched demolition blast and got results.

[attachment=45782][attachment=45783][attachment=45784]
Day 10: 1h art done.

Gotta get myself together, yesterday I missed 1h and now 2h. Currently my sleep schedule is as follows: Wake up morning/night before school. Do art. School. Get home and go to sleep in a few hours. Its really not optimal for me to do art after school because Im tired and in turn less productive and learn less. Today I got too lazy in the morning and procastinated untill school. And now Im too tired.
I cant fall back into comfort and abandon my goal. Next few days are critical, because if I fail my daily amount on them aswell I may risk falling off track like I've done before.
[attachment=45866][attachment=45867]
You should try doing your technical studying in the morning like you said but at night try to just draw for fun. Dont focus on learning but try to get your creative juices flowing. Night time is typically the best time for creativity because our mind is relaxing and preparing for sleep. So take advantage of it and try to just doodle with no clear goal in mind. Remember the best motivator is to enjoy the process so its not a struggle to work toward your goal. I've been really impressed with how hard you've been working. Keep up the good job but dont burn yourself out either!
Day 11: 2h art done. 1h schoolwork done

Thanks Haze, yeah I burned myself out 4months ago when I tried to do 5h a day and that really really sucked. With certain things its a tiring struggle. Tried out some doodling actually when I was too worn out by other things.

"Tiring struggle"
[attachment=45940]

Study and doodle.
[attachment=45939][attachment=45941]