Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Crackbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now that's what I call intense colors! Almost gives me a Frazetta-ish feel. The face looks a bit flat to me so far - maybe play with a little bit of light hitting the tip of the nose or something like that to give it some depth? Or let the top part of the face dissolve into shadows...?

Very nice silhouette with those shoulder pads.
Thanks for the advice Lyraina. The entire piece had broken anatomy and also if you look near the abdominal area on the right its also flat.(Really flat).

I restarted with this. Currently just redoing the face over and over again. The old version just wasnt working out, too many underlying mistakes.

The giant fuckup I made is that I skepped the lineart part ontop the sketch. Instead I went straight to rendering the sketch, only to see the mistakes later, also I was too confident in myself, I dont have the skill yet to pinpoint anatomical mistakes and fix them without the lineart.
[attachment=54850]

I guess the good thing is Im growing less uncomfortable with just redoing stuff.
That's actually some really good things you learnt there cracked! Been there, done that ;) I don't know how people do it, who start really rought and painterly, and yet have nice and correct proportions etc in the end. I guess it comes with a whole lot more practice understanding and doing anatomy stuff until it really becomes second nature. Until then, going more tight with sketch/lines is probably the way to go. Although every now and then trying out different ways of working, like jumping right into rendering is a good reality check :)

Keep it up!
Im with you on everything you said. After doing a clean lineart and putting it on divide, I made the old version layer visible and it made it much easier to see where I went wrong. I also built upon the design and added some props to liven it up.

[attachment=54961]
Woah man, I feel you sooooo much on the4 chow piece struggle!! SOOOO MUCH! I had a diferent problem but I've been reworking and erasing shit all the time till I hated it xD

This new version is so much better in the structured sense, I also really dig the props, I'm into that myself, adding some spice to the whole thing. Yours really pop it :)

I only have a couple quick things to say about the piece:

- Watch out for those red pins/balls thingies, they're too saturated, and if you add that to the background it starts to hurt the realism of the piece, so one of the two needs to be tonned down a bit so the other pops.

- Try to be less tight on the face, and focus on getting your hood and basic lighting to work with the rest of the body in a cool way, you can even blur some parts of the face , it will also add to the mystery, while saving you the nightmare of working endless hours to make the face super convincing.

Still I dig a lot your piece man, I think it's one of the best so far, so keep up the hard work ;)
Its always a struggle Suira, just gotta push through it. And even if you really screw up you can always come back later and try again. Thanks for the advice, I changed some stuff.
[attachment=55003]
Well, Im done with this.

[attachment=55276]
I like the contrast between the figure and the sky in that one. You've done well with the lighting there.
Thanks man.
[attachment=56623]

I havent updated a while because Im lazy. Got to art school, moved to new place, been doing art stuff, thats about it.

Heres some crap :D

[attachment=56624][attachment=56625]
Cool Chow this week, buddy. Great work.
Thanks man, heres another.
[attachment=58001]
Trying out some enhancements, since I realised the original was very bland, that can be quite the mistake if your trying to paint a cheery fella.
[attachment=58094]
Did a selfie
[attachment=58828]

Tried to do another, but I must have taken a wrong step somwhere.
[attachment=58827]
Solid work man! I'd say just keep an eye on your values and edges, some of your character work seems to get a little lost in the background. Coming a long great though!
Thanks Corey

[attachment=58874]
It's really nice to see progress like yours. Like the colors in that assassin alchemist piece ;)