Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Crackbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good job on the autoportrait! I like the skin and how it's lit by different kinds of lights. When drawing eyes, try to remember about their construction, how the eyelids are 3d objects, folds of skin affected by light, like here: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/37014028161103219/
Keep the dynamic sketches coming!
Nice sketches and maybe try to refine more your work around the focus point ? (and yeah values ^^)
KillianHawk- Good to hear that, It was one of the goals for this sketchbook

denikina- Yeah, my eyes were getting a bit 2d, I didnt focus on forms at all, thanks for the link.

Tien- Cant promise that on every piece(sometimes I get lazy and rush it to finish), but every once in a while Ill give it my all.
Very nice portrait there, Cracked. Only thing I would say is that some of the scrambled strokes at the bottom look a little distracting.
Thanks for the feedback Star, I dont notice anything overly distracting at the bottom, can you specify?

Time to get back into it.
Ive written a schedule and set a goal. 21 hours in 7 days.
Day 1: 3h done

[attachment=59306][attachment=59307][attachment=59308]
Day 2: 3h done

Ive combined the more focused work schedule with the fun sketches. Basically I time myself on the scheduled 3h stuff and just do the fun sketches traditionally. Ive decided to not count over 3h a day into my goal, unless Im falling behind, because then I wont do as much, when Ive finished 21h.
Another trick I do is try to do the fun sketches early, because sometimes later in the day I might not be up to the task. However, with the goal oriented stuff Im more inclined to finish that, even when I dont feel like it.
Hey man, tnx for droping by my sketchbook ! : )

Keep pushing with the anatomy stuff, i can really see the improvement also i would recommend doing maybe some material studies so you can really grasp the essence of armor or something else- however you want.

Keep it up !
Hey Dude :D love the ideas you've been churning out! keep going!!
alittle crit would be to work on the accuracy of your drawing, all that boring bit, the measuring and thinking of things alot more 3 dimensionally and how much space those objects occupy.

keep pushing bro!
More studies never hurt Shin :)
Thanks knives, I focus on the accuracy in school a lot in classes. We have to do these still lives in A2 paper with graphite, its quite tough.

Day 3: 3h completed

I got a lot done thanks to working with others in the hangout, there was a nice work environment which gave quite a bit of motivation to me, even when I got tired.
Gotta get a new mic though, because at the end it was just Marj and Gary talking and they had a hard time understanding what I said because of bad sound quality.
Day 6: 3h passed

I thought Id share my school schedule.
Theres a thing in our school called cycle weeks which is basically a week between semester cycles. During the classes are 3h combined. Since this week is a cycle week ,Ive gotten a lot more than 3h of digital painting/drawing done on most days. I also skipped most days, because my sleep schedule is fucked. Next week its back to normal. School time 9.00-16.00.+the time it takes to travel. On tuesdays Im doing figure drawing ontop of school which ends at 18.00. Friday is shorter ,10.40-14.20. I hope Im not feeling out of it on tuesdays, because thats gonna be a hard day.

I also wanted to talk about a thing I like to do. If I do manage to go all out on an artwork, and no longer see where I could Improve I sometimes ask for critique from professionals. I think it is a good way of improving faster.
I got some useful advice from Forrestimel and Samszym on this piece yesterday, thats when I started to do a paintover based on the advice I got.
Had some issues with the foreshortened hand, but I found this! http://www.deviantart.com/browse/undisco...45744?hf=1

[attachment=59699][attachment=59700]
Badass giant man! That's great you have people to give you crits as well, there is usually something were not seeing with our own eyes.
Really like how your chow is turning out man ! Has a lot of presence.
Thanks Adrian, good to know.

Its true Ben, thanks for visiting man.

Day 7: 3h passed

Well thats the first week passed. 21h goal finished.

I tried to do some abstract stuff, focus on shapes and composition.
[attachment=59781]

Quick figure study.
[attachment=59782]

Chow finished.
Sunday drawings, gonna start the weekly schedule tomorrow to get it in sync with the week.

[attachment=59835][attachment=59836]
You've got a great amount of studying here dude, maybe what I think you should learn is to define your forms more - just like I am learning right now. It helps so much to use a hard edged brush for blocking in. Not too much whishy-washy but flat colors. Cheers :)
Thanks Flow.

Allright time for the 2nd weekly schedule
Imma do atleast another 21h by 23rd of november.
Unless Im behind schedule, if i go past 3h of work I wont count it in, since if I finish the 21h early I wont be as motivated to do more on the following days.

Day 1: 3h passed

I was really out of it today, studies looked awful, CHOW started off horrible. So I figured Id do some fun doodling, because I couldnt get into the zone.
I got something promising out of it.
Day 3: 3h done