Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Crackbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cracked!
Really like that fantasy piece in post #555, gj!

I guess my only suggestion is to try to take sketches to a more finished end result, well blended and all that if you can - I reckon it'll improve your paintings even more so.

P.s. those fckin' eyes on that Barbarian dude are sending chills down me spine o__________o
Hey Smrr, thanks for feedback.
I wasnt happy with the focal point in the enviro so I dropped it instead of rendering it out more, overall I was applying a Min Yum enviro study, and at parts it worked out well. Barbarian came from listening to Slayer(as all barbarians tend to do)

Now that artschool exams and stuff is finished and Ive been lazy for far too long, its time to start updating daily.

My first goal ,starting tomorrow, is to do 5 hours of art daily for 10 days, by 1st of July I should have accumulated 50 hours total.

Some sketcches and Wip-s below.
[attachment=68941][attachment=68942][attachment=68943][attachment=68944][attachment=68945]
Thanks for the crit man, I quess I forgot the exact light source or visualized it incorrectly, sometimes I try to do stuff from imagination and rely on visualization, but its not always accurate. Also theres those times when I zoom in to render and forget the position of light :)

Day 1 Completed. 5h passed

[attachment=69027][attachment=69031][attachment=69030][attachment=69032][attachment=69026]
You can do quite a bit of work in 5 hours, congratulations! Keep up the good work and you will level up big time!
If you forget light position, make a layer with a couple of little arrows marking your light source - that also helps to not get confused when flipping your canvas! Good luck with the 50 hours, sounds like a solid plan! :)
Haha Cracked, I never thought I would say that... but lovely composition on those bananas still life. You made me feel emotional about bananas. Good job :p
AngeliquevdMee- Only when things go right and I dont have to re-do the same spot multiple times. Thanks for visiting.
Lyraina- I gave it a shot, I think it helped, gotta learn the forms more, I appreciate you telling.
Ursula- Thats good to hear, thank you.

Day 2 Completed - 5h passed.

[attachment=69125][attachment=69126][attachment=69127]
hey!
The banana painting study looks really good! the brushstrokes and light and color are very well done!
In general I think you could work a bit more on the characters, since sometimes form and proportions look wonky, for example the wizard holding the staff, though you already seem to be doing studies to improve that.
Keep it up! looking forward for more works :)
Thanks for visiting VoodooMama :)

Day 3 finished- 5h passed

[attachment=69164][attachment=69165][attachment=69166][attachment=69168][attachment=69169]
Shiiiiiiiiiiiz Cracked, you're an absolute machine!
Look at how much you worked on since the other day I passed by! Damn! o:

This wip orcish-old dude is lookin' tight, love the brushstrokes, I can't wait to see where you take this man <3
Cool stuff man , looking forward to seeing what you do with the orc dude :)
Smrr- Time just flies by, eh? :D
Xenso- gonna render away, rendering is harder than I thought.

Day 4 - 5h passed

[attachment=69228][attachment=69229][attachment=69230][attachment=69231]
Just sped through your sketchbook, the amount of work you've done and the hours you've put into it is amazing. Was a lot of fun to see your progress too, especially over the last few pages.

i'd mirror what Mariyan-Hristov said about your forms, some times they get a little lost, might be helpful to start a few images blocking out the main masses/ planes with a hard brush (almost like a cell-shading) before you get into the nittygritty of rendering, really define your lights and shadows.

looking forward to see what you do now ya artschool is finished.
Really good sketchbook, so organized, makes me wanna work harder :D
Gliger- Thanks for the kind words man.

Joe- I appreciate you taking the time, I sometimes get lost in details and other times Im impatient, so thats where my messiness comes from :)

Day 5 - 5h passed

Since I didnt time all my painting sessions, I wanted to be sure I passed my goal so I did more than 5h.

Finished the goblin character "Old Puffer"
[attachment=69297]

Warmups and wips
[attachment=69293][attachment=69294][attachment=69295][attachment=69296]
I really like the color and light in some of your rougher sketches earlier. Also a great idea to paint the eyes last and not let it distract you from the rest of the figure! You got a lot of stuff going on here. Studying still life is important! Keep it up!
Man that goblin turned out really nice. Good job successfully putting in the hours towards your goal :)
Meat- ooh yes, features come last, still lives are indeed important, thanks for visiting
Lyraina- Thank you

Did a larger still life, it was kind of a drag and I took many breaks, but got it half assed enough to make it presentable with the blur+enhancement+multiply edge combo. Will probably keep still lives in smaller size in the future.
Also worked on the next characters face I started to throw paint around, but since my construction skills werent good enough I decided to return to basic construction and then nail the light on it.
Finally some studies.
[attachment=69396][attachment=69397][attachment=69398]
The rapoza studies look pretty awesome man, keep up the good work
wow your paintings are quite good!. try to sketch more though if you can , gestures and so , as i see youre figures to be off proportioned. but good job with forms! can you give me tips on painting? im doing this character and it been hard for me to paint it as i have no experience in painting an orignial character befoe