Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Crackbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats on finishing your goal!! :)
Day 2: 8h45m

1h45m behind schedule

Thanks Lyraina :D

[attachment=79788][attachment=79789][attachment=79790]
Those skin tones are looking nice man! Just a suggestion but you could use the snakes on the head to cast interesting shadows on her face. By the way I noticed you seem to use the same greyish palletes, nothing wrong with it but I was just wondering if you were doing it on purpose or if it just happens.
Hahah looking at you page 1 and page 41 is very interesting. Great consistency man.
I really like your gestures, they can give the action pretty good imo, what I'd suggest is some structure studies. Like, basic anatomy of the parts. It may be very boring to you but i think it'd help a lot on your figures, because i see some of your figures look a little "broken"
Day 3: 3h15m

6h 30min behind schedule

Ben - I was thinking of doing that, but I dont think it would work well compositionally, might mess around and try it out tho :D. The greyish palletes are probably a bit of comfort zone for me, I wanna focus on other things more before going for complex color schemes.

Tripna - Thanks man, the consistency has been off at times(there have been times I didnt post for a month or two). I definitely need to learn more about structure/forms and anatomy.

[attachment=79822][attachment=79823]
Wow, you've made a massive amount of progress over the time documented by your SB thread. It's very inspiring! :) Medusa looks good, can't wait to see her finished. And it's good to see all the studies, too.

I'll be watching!
Day 4: 8.5h

6h behind sched

Thanks man, gonna be a while, I started back up and am gonna change some stuff on her.

[attachment=79934][attachment=79935][attachment=79936][attachment=79938][attachment=79939][attachment=79940][attachment=79942]

Im unhappy with the overall posture and some underlying anatomy, so Im kinda starting again from scratch, Im gonna make a new lineart and have the face looking more to the left and change the posture of the shoulders. I cant really see the mistakes in construction on the rendered image, but I have a subtle feeling. Anyways It pays to have a solid drawing worked out that has correct proportions and anatomy, before moving on to rendering. Hopefully when I finish the lineart I can salvage some of the stuff Ive already painted.
[attachment=79947]
Day 7: 5.5h

5.5h behind

Went without energy drinks for the first time in a while.

[attachment=80076][attachment=80077][attachment=80078][attachment=80079][attachment=80080]
Gotta do some mouth studies.
[attachment=80081]
Good job on bringing across the forms on those lips. One thing I think you could work on arecontroling edge hardness and those tiny spots of higher contrast that really make a forms shape jump out at you. It's surprising how loose you can be in one place, and how much of a difference little things can make depending on the situation.
Interesting change to the Medusa.

I've actually a fondness for the mythos. She was basically a prostrate servant of a god that was assaulted for her beauty then punished for it. Thereafter dwelled in solitude and turned any man who trespassed into stone by a mere look.

The rather literal analogy for rape and the lasting effects on the psyche are interesting.

The fact that you've gone from a very aggressive expression to a more solemn one make for an effective conceptual piece.
Day 10: 8h
Goal complete.

Thanks for the advice Lodratio.

RP - whoa didnt know that, an interesting coincidence on the progression of the piece. I should look into the mythos more :)

Next goal is: Do 70h of art and 20h of other productive activities in the next 10 days (reading books/trying out other programs like some 3d ones/writing/organizing refs...)
Also I will not be using the internet.(only exeptions are messages I have to answer or paying rent, you know important stuff)

As always if theres too much external interferance(illness/accidents) I will postphone goal.

See you in 12 days! (You know, since Im starting tomorrow and today also counts as a day. Also since I wont be using internet then I will be updating a day after I finish the goal)

[attachment=80303][attachment=80304][attachment=80305]
uhh hi there...

I used some internet on day 6 aand kinda failed the goal, so I figured I might aswell return earlier.

Anyway Im a bit behind the goal. Ive kept up with the productive activities, but art wise Im 7h behind schedule.
Had this really bad day a couple of days ago where I just couldnt get into it and only did 30 minutes X_X
Im on day 8 right now and am gonna do a few hours more today and catch up before deadline.

Heres some stuff Ive done, dont wanna post too much crap since it will overload the page :D

[attachment=80771][attachment=80772][attachment=80773][attachment=80774][attachment=80775][attachment=80776][attachment=80777]
Some more stuff compiled from past days and today.

Been reading this book by Robert Greene called "Mastery". So far its been a great book and I love the historic accounts of various masters and their stories.

[attachment=80827][attachment=80828][attachment=80829][attachment=80830][attachment=80831][attachment=80832]
Goal completed!

71.5h/70 art done.
20/20 other productive stuff done.

Im tired, I will start the new goal tomorrow and post the details here too.

[attachment=80873][attachment=80874][attachment=80875][attachment=80876][attachment=80877][attachment=80878][attachment=80879]
7h done

new goal is 70h in 10 days and keep the crap media consumption below 2h per day.

[attachment=80921][attachment=80922][attachment=80923][attachment=80924][attachment=80925][attachment=80926]