Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Sketch stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

banishedshadow

Thought i would finally get around to contributing some stuff
that im working on, all crit are welcome ;D

ill post more up as i go i think.
been busy so ive been doing little pieces at a time

[Image: new_swordman1_by_legendary_memory-d6etn70.jpg]

banishedshadow

Some more progress

[Image: new_swordman2_by_banished_shadow-d6fdmag.jpg]
Hey thar! That knight looks juicey! Waiting to see more from you!
One thing I've noticed is that his Proportions are a bit off, thats why the head seems a little small. A little trick: If in doubt, always count heads. Humans are by no means always perfectly proportioned, but for a quick check on ideal proportions you can take the height of the head and check how far down the breast and so on should be. With the head included, the Upper body should be no more than 4 heads long, your's is a bit more.
You can get a little guide on ...heading? from the Book "Figure Drawing for all it's worth" from Loomis, you can just google image it. :) Hope that helps!

banishedshadow

Ohh thanks for the tip, i was wondering that myself but wasnt to
sure. good thing you saw it as well that helped confirm it :) ill also give the
head count a try. again thanks for that!

(07-28-2013, 07:38 PM)Belanaite Wrote: [ -> ]Hey thar! That knight looks juicey! Waiting to see more from you!
One thing I've noticed is that his Proportions are a bit off, thats why the head seems a little small. A little trick: If in doubt, always count heads. Humans are by no means always perfectly proportioned, but for a quick check on ideal proportions you can take the height of the head and check how far down the breast and so on should be. With the head included, the Upper body should be no more than 4 heads long, your's is a bit more.
You can get a little guide on ...heading? from the Book "Figure Drawing for all it's worth" from Loomis, you can just google image it. :) Hope that helps!

banishedshadow

Another quick speed painting, photo ref was used of a friend in cosplay.

[Image: warrior_by_banished_shadow-d6hbwc4.jpg]